{10}

A/N: Hey everybody! I was thinking that maybe I should take a break from uploading every Wednesday and Saturday. I've been writing this as I go. So maybe it would be better for me to write all of it and then post the chapters all at once. I'm planning for there to be around 17-20 chapters. I think it would take me around 4-5 weeks to write them all. Let me know what you think by commenting or some other way. Thanks -Han

Sam picked her up the next day like usual. He kept looking over at her but never said anything. Amelie hummed along to the songs that played from the radio as she leaned her head against the cars window. It took nearly the whole ride down to the reservation before he said anything to her.

"What's up with you?" He said. 

Amelie saw a small smile on his lips, "What?"

"You're not pissed for once."

Her head snapped to his direction, "I told Bella."

Amelie was thrown forward, luckily saved by her seatbelt, when Sam stepped on the break a little to hard. He recovered quickly but she could see him shaking. She was ready to jump out of the car since she knew this was a dangerous sign.

"What?", This time it was Sam.

Amelie shrugged her shoulders, "It was killing me not telling her. She swore not to tell anyone and I'm sure she can keep her sisters secret if she can keep the damn Cullen's."

"Did you tell her about the pack?" Sam asked sharply.

"No. That's not my secret to tell. And besides, you'd kill me if I did, I'm not risking it. Sam, I really feel better, really!"

Sam's fingers drummed against the steering wheel. He hadn't told Amelie that they were going somewhere different today but she noticed that they'd turned onto a different dirt road than usual. Amelie was about to ask where they were heading but thought better of it seeing that Sam was still a bit mad.

After a while in silence Sam sighed, "Well, I'm glad you're happy. I was worries that you would turn into Paul with the way you were acting."

"The world couldn't handle another Paul."

He slowed the truck and they came to a stop in front of a house that seemed to be secluded in the middle of nowhere. It was a beautiful two-story house  with wooden sides and flower boxes on the windows. Amelie watched Sam as he got out and it seemed as though all of his years and stress seemed to melt away. He walked up the front stairs of the house and Amelie followed. She was halfway up when he stopped and turned to her.

"Listen Amelie, there's someone I want you to meet. She's been bugging me about it for weeks. Just do me a favor and don't stare." He half ordered.

Her face screwed up in confusion, "Stare at what?"

A look of true pain crossed his face, and Amelie wanted to hug him.

"My mistake."

He turned and walk through the door. Amelie waited for a second, worried about not knowing to expect. She readied herself and followed him inside. The room house inside was just as beautiful as it was on the outside. There was a large kitchen to the left of the room and there were magnificent smells coming from it. If it were possible, Amelie thought the smells were better than Esme's. There was a large table right in the middle of the room, where Paul and Jared sat.

"Princess, glad you could finally make it." Paul said grinning at her.

Amelie grinned shyly as she contemplated her options. She gingerly approached and sat down in the chair as Jared motioned for her to join him at the table. She looked around the room taking things in when Sam and a woman entered. She was a stunning woman. She had dark features and silky hair that was pulled back from her neck in a loose bun. When Sam said he made a mistake, Amelie only now understood what he was trying to say. Three long claw marks running from Emily's temple to her jaw were on the right side of her face. She instantly knew Sam was the person who had done it. Amelie immediately felt bad for her friend for what he had done to the woman he loved.