Debt of gratitude - Peaky Blinders - Bonnie Gold x Reader

(Y/n) made her way into the factory; sparks flying around her as she walked further into the building. She knew that she shouldn't really be there; after John's murder, after what had happened at his funeral, Tommy and Arthur had tried to persuade her to stay low. That given, just like her brother's she was heavily involved in the business, it might be best for her to get away from Birmingham for a while, so that she could mourn the death of her twin brother in her own way; and she had tried. She had tried to stay in the countryside, tried to come to terms with all that had happened. The loss of John still weighing heavily on her shoulders, (Y/n) not sure what she would do without him by her side. But she knew one thing, she knew that she had a debt of gratitude to pay to the two men that had helped her family when the caravan that had held her twin's body, burned. And it was a debt that she wanted to pay, sooner rather than later.

Her brothers had shipped her off before she could thank or even meet Bonnie and Aberama Gold, the Romany assassin that Tommy had hired to help deal with Luca Changretta's threats against the family. Yet she would never forget what the younger Gold in particular, had done for her that day. The boy, Bonnie, not only saving his father's life from and Italian sniper, but hers too, by shooting a man that had shot at her. And even though she knew that Tommy and Arthur would have a few things to say, she had to do what she had to do.

She had asked around the usual haunts and been told that her brothers, and others, had been seen making there way to the factory. A small smile coming to her lips as she walked further, and heard the sound of Arthur call out........

"Right, you lot, come here. Let's make it interesting. Come place a wager with me. I'll give you good odds. I'll give you good odds on the boy, even better on the big lad.........." (Y/n)'s brows furrowing as she found a worried Devlin looking at the paperwork in his hands.

"Devlin.............."

"Oh, Miss Shelby, thank goodness. I................."

"What's going on, Devlin.............?"

"Oh, er, your brother........Tommy, he asked for some rope and a bell. I believe they are having a boxing match............"

"A boxing match.................?" (Y/n) enquired, as she turned to look at the rather stressed man.

"Who is boxing...............?"

"Oh, um. I believe its Billy Mills and some young boy. I think his name was Bonnie, or something like that..........."

"Wait, what............? Billy Mills is a heavyweight. Bonnie Gold would be a welterweight at the most.................." (Y/n) continued, not sure what her brothers were thinking.

"Yes miss. But can I just talk to you about................"

"Later Devlin. Later.................." (Y/n) interrupted, as she caught sight of Tommy. The young woman making her way over to where her brother stood.

"Tommy.........."

"(Y/n), what the fuck are you doin here...............?"

"Never mind that! Are you trying to get that boy killed?" (Y/n) asked, as she looked between Bonnie and Billy.

"Look, Aberama wants us to help his lad become a professional boxer. He seems confident that the lad can beat anyone so..............."

"So........you set up a fight with that braindead crusher............"

"Believe me, Miss Shelby.........my boy will be fine." Aberama assured her before he called Bonnie over. Bonnie giving her a sweet smile as his father whispered something into his ear. The bell ringing and last bets being made as Bonnie and Billy moved into the middle of the makeshift ring.