Persuade - GoT - Mance Rayder x Reader

He stood at the entrance to the tent, looking out over the vast encampment that lay before him. He had once been a noted ranger of the Black Watch. Brought up in their fold. But now here he was back to being what he had been born to be, a Wildling. A man that despite the divisions between the clans, hoped to do his best to make the others see that unity of the tribes under his rule when common good called for it, would only help them all. Yet he would have to face another hurdle today, and that was that the rulers of the other tribes would be arriving soon. Mance not sure if any of them were ready to listen to his propositions. But sure, that the fact that most of the tribes wanted to do nothing more than kill one another, would make it a very interesting day.

"They're coming.............." The large redheaded young man declared, as he ran up to Mance.

"They've been sighted not too far away.............."

"Thank you, Tormund. Perhaps we should go and greet them then........." Mance replied. Placing his hand and the younger Wildling's shoulder. The pair making their way through the camp to meet their guests.

                                                             >>-------------------------------<<

To say that Mance was surprised that so many of the clan's leaders had turned up to the meeting, and were yet to kill one another, would be an understatement to say the least. Yet it wasn't this that had surprised him the most. That honour fell to the woman that had just made her way into the tent.

"Whose that...........?" Mance enquired, as he leant over and spoke to Tormund. Both of them watching as she took a seat.

"That's (Y/n) she's the daughter of Ormir. He's the leader of one of the strongest clans that live in the Haunted Forest. Ormir is too old to move far now, and he never had any sons. (Y/n) is the oldest of his ten daughters. Anyone that has ever met her will tell you that she is the most beautiful and fierce of the lot. And all of Ormir's girls are beautiful and fierce. She's smart too and will be the one to take charge of the clan once her father has passed. Either that or it'll be the man that can claim her" Tormund explained. He and Mance looking on as the other men in the large tent watched the exquisite woman. The strong, formidable female ignoring the mutterings of the others present.

"They all know that she has no man. That they could command her father's tribe too if she wanted one of them. I bet she would give a man good sons. Lots of them too...........?" The red head continued with a lusty hum. Sending a playful wink, the glaring woman's way.

"I'm sure...............she is a rare beauty, there is no denying that." Mance replied. His mind filling with all manner of thoughts, as the daughter of Ormir turned her attention to him. Her head tilting to one side as she seemed to examine him. Mance feeling a smile pull at his lips, as she herself smiled.

                                                               >>---------------------------------<<

Again, Mance was surprised. The meeting had gone far better than he could hope for, and still no one was dead. The chiefs of the clans now sitting down to drink and eat together. Happy to enjoy the hospitality that was being offered. Yet once again, the only thing that interested Mance was the woman that had just left the tent. Throughout the meeting, she had simply sat there and listened. Rolling her eyes occasionally as one of the men would start ranting and raving about one thing or another that he had said. Nodding her head when she felt as though a good point had been made. Mance finding himself more and more intrigued by her as time had passed. And now he found that he wanted to know more. That he wished to speak to her one on one. And as a woman that one day would inherit the leadership of one of the strongest tribes. Having her agree to side with him, would certainly not be detrimental to his endeavours.

Looking over, Mance smiled as he watched Tormund drink down his third jug of ale. Happy to see that the younger Wildling was far too busy to notice that he was about to slip out of the tent and follow after the daughter of Ormir. Mance this time preferring to speak with the woman without his young lieutenant by his side. His brows furrowing as he made his way out into the snow and caught no sight of the woman he wished to speak to.

"I heard that you were raised by the crows." A beautiful voice said from behind him. Mance turning around to see the woman that he was so intrigued by, walk towards him.

"I heard that you were a Ranger. Yet you deserted your post and fled the Wall to join the Free Folk. So, tell me, Mance Rayder, if you are so willing to leave those that raised you; that gave you the only life you knew, why should we, I, believe that you won't desert us when we need you?" (Y/n) enquired, as she circled him. Mance feeling his heart pounding violently in his chest as he began to feel as though he was being stalked by some great beast.

"You are right about all those things. (Y/n), daughter of Ormir. But there is a difference between the Nights Watch and the Free Folk. I was born Free Folk. I have their blood flowin through my veins just like you. And I am willing to do whatever it takes to protect our people. All our people. Whether they are Thenns or Hornfoots. Whether they are the Ice-river clans or the cave people. Moon- worshippers or cannibals. All I need is one leader of a strong tribe to join with me. To show the others that it will pay for all of us to come together when danger threatens us. Then.......then I think that the others will follow." Mance replied, as (Y/n) stopped in front of him.

"My father is old. He will soon die, and I, as his oldest child will become leader in his stead. I may be a woman, but all the men here know that I am my father's daughter. That I will rule our clan as well as he has. So, perhaps if you were to try and persuade me, then I may be able to assist you." (Y/n) replied, as she moved closer. Her body now pressed up against his.

"And what could I do or say to persuade you?" Mance asked, as he reached up his hand and brushed some of her hair away from her exquisite face.

"Well...........if you really are Free Folk as you claim Rayder, then you will know........." She continued seductively, allowing him to take her hand.

"I think that I can come up with something." Mance assured with a smile, before he turned and led (Y/n) to his tent. The ex-ranger more than happy to persuade the beauty that she should join him, in just the way that she wanted.