Seer - Vikings - Harald x Halfdan x Reader

Yes, I know that Halfdan isn't with his brother when he first sails to Kattegat in the show. I know that I have changed a lot of things around, but as with all my work this is an AU. My version of the world of the Vikings. I want to write more Viking stories soon and put them in their own book, so I hope that you enjoy this.

Harald and Halfdan watched as the Kattegat came into view. They had come to assist Ragnar with his next expedition to the shores of Frankia. But they were not alone. They had not just brought their men and boats. They had brought someone special. The two men watching as the woman joined them at the side of the ship. A large black raven coming to sit atop her shoulder. Her eyes, that were the same colour as the eerie feathered creature that cawed menacingly as she reached up and stroked its head, looking out over the water. A horn sounding in the distance, as the fleet of ships drew closer to the shore. People rushing to the docks, so that they could see the man that wished to be the king of the whole of Norway. His red and yellow colours fluttering in the breeze.

It might normally have felt like a long journey from Vestfold to the bustling town that was the center of Ragnar Lothbrok's power. But this time, it had flown by, the brother's sure that it had something to do with their seer. That she and the gods that she spoke with, had made the ships move through the water with ease. That the seas had been calmer, and the wind stronger than the Norwegians had ever seen before.

(Y/n) was the daughter of seers, the granddaughter of seers. The death of her mother, and her elevation to the position that so many of her line had held before her, had brough with it luck for the two brothers. Had enabled Harald and Halfdan to win many a battle. Had allowed Harald to get closer to achieving his goal. So now, wherever the two sons of Halfdan the Elder went, so did their oracle. And that included their beds. Neither brother intending on letting any other man touch her. Especially as her blood was said to have come from the goddess Freyja herself. The two men more than happy to share a descendent of the gods between them. To pleasure her so that her eye would not fall on another.

"(Y/n)..............?" Harald asked, as he turned to look at the seer. The beautiful woman closing her eyes and breathing deeply, before she spoke. A warm, low voice leaving her lips, as she told him of her latest vision.

"Befriend the younger sons of Lothbrok. Charm the daughter of the dragon slayer and the Valkyrie, she is a völva. Her visions of the future have a little merit. Though beware, for she treats friend and foe with equal disdain. So, watch her. And look to the son of the shieldmaiden. He will not trust you like the others. He will suspect your true ambitions, your true motives. Try to endear yourself to the boatbuilder, the joker; the laughing man. He is Ragnar's greatest friend. Take advantage of their quarrels." The seer advised. A small smile pulling at the corner of her lips, as Harald pulled her close.

"What would happen to us without you.................?"

"You, do not want to know................." Came (Y/n)'s simple reply, before she placed her lips to his. Halfdan coming up behind her, the younger brother having no intention of being left out of the seer's affections. His lips connecting to the flesh of her neck. Both he and Harald hoping that night would come soon, so that they could bed the beauty for the first time since that had left home.

                                                         >>------------------------------------<<

When the brother's had arrived in Kattegat, Ragnar had been absent. Yet Aslaug had made them welcome. Harald instantly charming the queen as (Y/n) had advised and ensured that he made her smile. Yet as he had greeted the sons of Ragnar; as he had introduced his brother, he couldn't help but feel his blood begin to boil as he saw the eyes of the young men stray to the dark creature that stood behind them. Their eyes growing wide and a murmur going around the crowd as her bird circled overhead, before coming to rest on her arm. Mutterings that the brothers had brought with them a messenger of Odin. That the woman was Freyja, or perhaps even Hel herself, being heard.

Both of the sons of Vestfold knew that (Y/n) was nothing like the women that those of Kattegat had seen before. The seer had always dressed in black, and now was no exception; and given that one side of face was tattooed with lines of runes, it was not the first time that she had been equated to the goddess of the underworld. Yet Harald and Halfdan were well aware that once a man learnt to look beneath the intimidating form of the seer, they would see the beauty that was in their presence. That someone would become emboldened enough to think that they could charm her and try to steal her away from them. And as they sat across from the sons of Ragnar at the table in the great hall; the celebration becoming louder as cup after cup of mead was consumed, it was obvious that even the youngest, crippled son of Ragnar, had anything but innocent intentions towards their prize. Intentions that they would be happy to quash, in any way that they had to. Even those that lay behind the eyes of Ragnar, who had returned just in time for the feast.

"We have had three huts prepared for you. I hope that you will be comfortable. You can have the choice of the thralls to warm your bed. I am sure that they will keep you happy." Ragnar suddenly remarked, getting comfortable in his seat as he held out his cup for a slave to fill. The king nodding towards the woman, as he looked at Harald and Halfdan. Hoping that he could put some distance between the brother's and their exquisite seer. The brother's looking between Ragnar and the woman that sat by their side. A smile coming to Harald and Halfdan's lips, as (Y/n) leant forward.

"I'm sure we will be. But there will be no need for three huts, nor thralls. There is only one woman that warms the bed of my king. Only one woman that loves him and Halfdan The Black, and that.................is me. Now, perhaps we can discuss Frankia, and the brother that awaits you there........." (Y/n) retorted. Her black eyes burning into the blue ones of Ragnar. The whole table, the whole room now quieted by the seer's words. Harald and Halfdan sure that no one now doubted that they had Freyja with them. And that the goddess, the seer, was no one's but theirs.