Crow - Avengers - Pietro Maximoff

Why she had volunteered, she didn't know. Maybe it was to escape the tower so that she could have two seconds of peace. A few moments where she wasn't surrounded by a crowd. To escape the constant supervision and scrutiny. To forget about the weight of responsibility that lay on her shoulders as part of the Avengers. Maybe it was to stop herself choking out Tony and Sam. Or maybe it was so that she could feel normal for once, she didn't know. But now, as she walked around the store, her cart overflowing with food and everything else that the rest of the team had asked for. She was beginning to regret it. And what made the whole thing worse. What really ruined everything. Was the fact that the annoyingly irritating. The downright frustratingly idiotic, biggest pain in her ass, Pietro Maximoff had insisted on tagging along. (Y/n) trying to stop herself from slapping that stupid smug look from his face, every five seconds.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been one of the others. Bucky would have been a delight to be with. Peter would have been so much fun. And even Sam and Tony, despite the fact that that seemed to love annoying her at every opportunity, would have been better. She loved them both when they weren't acting like three year olds. In fact, there wasn't one of the others that she didn't love. Well, with one glaring exception. And that was the speed freak.

From the moment the Maximoff twins had joined the team, (Y/n) and Wanda had hit it off. The witch seeming fascinated by the fact that (Y/n) had born with a pair of black wings. The huge, feathered appendages creating an image in Wanda's mind of a dark angel. A name that had stuck, not only with the witch, but the rest of the team too. A title (Y/n) had really earned, as far as the female Maximoff was concerned, when (Y/n) had swooped in and saved her from a not so minor incident with Hydra. The seemingly indestructible angel, taking the bullets that had been meant for Wanda. The projectiles bouncing off (Y/n)'s body without leaving so much as a scratch.

But Pietro was a different matter. He was a smug, arrogant, conceited ass. And no matter what she did, or tried to do, (Y/n) had convinced herself that she didn't like him. And that he didn't like her. The speedster taking to calling her 'Crow' at every opportunity he could find. Much to (Y/n)'s continued annoyance.

But the worst part. The very worst part. Was that, despite how much she tried to tell herself that she didn't like him. Despite how much he teased her and called her, crow. (Y/n) had to reluctantly admit that the silver haired Maximoff was actually a handsome devil, with an appealing twinkle in his eye. And an accent that could make you weak at the knees. But (Y/n) knew that every other girl that they came across, thought that too. And one thing for sure, a winged mutant was not at the top of Pietro's list of what he looked for in a girl.

"Hey. Crow! What's next on the list?" Pietro called out with a chuckle from behind her. (Y/n) doing her best not to react to the name. But as all eyes turned to look at her, she knew that this time, biting her tongue was not going to work.

It had always been difficult, well, really difficult, to hide her mutation. She had been hated and bullied for as long as she could remember. An outcast. A freak of nature. And as she had gotten older, her wings had got bigger. Making the appendages impossible to cover. Resulting in her no longer even trying. But now, now as part of the same team as Iron Man. As Captain America, Thor, and the others. She had finally, for the first time seemed to find an acceptance from those around her. Yet idiots like Pietro, that still insisted on calling her stupid names. Certainly, weren't helping.

"Tony wants some more blueberries. Bucky needs a couple of pounds of plums. And Thor asked for ten packets of assorted pop tarts. Oh, and if you call me, crow, one more time, your days of running will be over. Do we understand one another, Speedy Gonzalez?" (Y/n) hissed, as a grinning Pietro dropped an armful of things into the cart, that (Y/n) could swear were just for him. Pietro's smile getting wider as he saw the fire in (Y/n)'s eyes.