ROM 11

RELY ON ME : CHAPTER 11

It’s a wonderful process to wait for graduation. The long road always seemed to be endless. It's inevitable to feel disappointed and confused. Especially when you heard that one of the classmates had found a job, or been admitted to graduate school, or were going abroad, or had jumped off the stairs... And the students who have been together for four years would soon be scattered on the horizon, as per the lyrics of this one song. Maybe ten years later, we were people of different social strata, even couldn’t recognize each other if occasionally met on the road. Just pass by or occasionally looking at the collate graduation photos. It would take a long time to search in the brain for a classmate's name. Or else, some people would never meet again in this life.

In fact, this kind of idea had been in the minds of graduates a thousand times, but everyone chose not to speak out and spent the last day together happily, hoping that what to be remembered could be a young happy face.

Ping thought almost the same as the average people. When he applied for the college entrance, he didn't know what the hell those majors were. Having listened to the teacher that Accounting was the best major to find a job, he applied Accounting foolishly. After entering university, he became tired of the number one month later, and could not lift his spirits in class every day. Later, he met a sister in the Advertising Department. He became fascinated by advertisements after following her to a class. And then he went to the Advertising Department very often to listen in and even helped the sister do some homework, which got good grades. However, his accounting work had been shifting to the middle level. He hadn’t won a scholarship in four years, and it’s not helpful in finding a job with his accounting certificate. Just then, the advertising company the sister worked at was recruiting and Ping was asked if he wanted to have a try, he rushed to submit his resume.

On the way to the interview, Ping was very hesitant. After all, he didn’t major in advertising.

When he arrived at his destination, the sister took him to an unmanned office and left. Later, a big man with a beard came in. He looked very avant-garde, with black jacket, camouflage shorts and sandals. As soon as he came in, he asked, ‘Ping krittanun, right?’

‘Yes, Sawadee krub.’ Ping stood up quickly, bow and answered with a smile.

‘Sit down.’ The beard uncle made a gesture and sat down.

Ping handed his resume over to him. He took it but didn't have a look. Then he asked directly,

‘Do you have a lover?’

‘Ah?’ Ping was stunned, isn't this question a little bit too private for an interview?

‘Don't want to answer?’ The beard man smiled.

'That's all right. I just ask, what do you think should be highlighted in advertising for single men?'

Ping pondered for a while and answered, ‘Two routes could be taken. One is self-reliance, highlighting that men can also lead a good life even with the lack of women. The other is to take a warm line, highlight that even the strong men would also hope to have a person to eat breakfast together.’

‘Eating breakfast together? Little boy, did you watched a lot of dramas?' The big beard made a flickering smile.

‘The origin doesn’t matter, right?’