Act IX: Comrades in Arms (Part 5)

"Just who do you think you are?" said Morgan with a combination of anger and fear, pushing Jadeite's limp body off her and clumsily getting to her feet.

Makoto smiled, produced her Crystal Change Rod, and replied enigmatically, "I forgot. For the longest time, I forgot who I was. But I remember now. This is who I am! Jupiter Crystal Power!"

"Wha-what? Th-this can't be..." Morgan stammered as crackling green light surrounded her enemy.

Emerging from it wearing a white sailor suit with a green skirt and collar and pink accent bows, Makoto performed her classic fighting pose, and declared, "I am Sailor Jupiter, the sailor-suited soldier of thunder and courage, and you're in for a shock!"

For a moment, Morgan was stunned by the appearance of yet another Sailor Soldier. Jadeite was out for the count, she was injured, and her staff was out of reach. However, she quickly regained her composure. She had created her magic gem with the last of the Blood Moon Alliance's energy reserves to take on the fantastic power of the Silver Crystal. She didn't need that to deal with this new foe.

Morgan brought her palms together and a ball of red energy formed before her. "I don't care how many of you there are. Earth and the Silver Crystal belong to me! Crimson Lightning!"

Sailor Jupiter crossed her arms over her chest in a defensive posture as a continuous, red bolt of electricity struck her and coursed through her body.

"How does it feel, Sailor Soldier?" Morgan asked sadistically, cackling as she watched her foe wince under her power. "This is for my mother, Queen Beryl!"

"Tch," Jupiter exclaimed with a wicked grin, "you call that lightning? Beryl would be rolling in her grave if she weren't burning in hell!"

Morgan looked fearful, then yelled out in rage. The power of her attack increased in size and ferocity.

Sailor Jupiter closed her eyes, not due to the force of Morgan's attack but to focus her internal energy. She extended her index and pinky fingers, activating the antennae behind the green gem of her golden tiara, which began to spark wildly. "I'll show you lightning!" she said, waving her arms in a complex pattern. "Supreme Thunder!"

A noticeably larger and sharper fork of white lightning cut through the red magic and assaulted its caster, who screamed in agony as her body was electrified, her red locks standing on end and the whites of her eyes showing.

Jupiter ceased her attack, her brow furrowed resolutely. She watched as strands of smoke rose from Morgan's now lifeless body. A second later, Beryl's offspring keeled over with a thud. However, as she did, a black portal became visible just beyond where she had been standing.

Jupiter cursed before clapping her hands together forcefully and generating a current between her palms, while commanding, "Thunderclap Snap!" A dense sphere of electricity formed, and she pitched it like a softball.

Despite the speed and accuracy of her throw, she couldn't be sure whether she had hit her target. Both the attack and Jadeite disappeared through the portal, which closed behind them with a faint whooshing sound.

***

"What's keeping Morgan?" Commander Vardas blurted out, pounding his fist on the stone meeting table.

"Forget her. We've waited long enough," said King Tanzan. "Tell them, Alexandri."

Alexandri, awake at last, and for the most part recovered from his wounds, gave his king a deferent nod and addressed Vardas, Desperre, and their guards.