Act III: Blood Moon Rising (Part 1)

The invaders watched as Minako was bathed in dazzling shades of orange

The invaders watched as Minako was bathed in dazzling shades of orange. For a moment, she was cocooned in swirling light. Then, all of a sudden, the light shrank in before pulsing outward. However, most unexpectedly, this was followed by the release of an incredible shockwave.

"What the...?" Alexandri exclaimed, erecting his white energy barrier in front of him and his ally just in time, but the force of the wave's impact made the shield vibrate violently. Nearby cars were flipped, and the surrounding windows that hadn't already been shattered by Zarg's earlier blasts were all blown away.

Alexandri let down his barrier after the initial impact, but he was immediately assaulted by the gush of air that followed in the shockwave's wake and continued to blow from the direction Minako had stood. Squinting to see what was going on, he saw her standing tall over a web of cracked asphalt, covered head to toe in a rippling golden aura, and crackling with energy.

Her shoulder-length blonde hair danced around wildly as her mere presence emanated wave after wave of force. She looked different now. The blue of her skirt and collar had been replaced by orange, as had her shoes, and the fuchsia accent bows were now indigo. Also, the crescent-shaped mark on her forehead had been replaced by one which glowed orange and resembled the symbol for femininity, but with a heart shape in place of the usual circle.

She was no longer Sailor V, the crime-fighting vigilante. For the first time in over five years, Minako had accessed her true powers. She was one of Earth's destined, sailor-suited guardians. She was Sailor Venus.

Her enemies shielded their faces and bent forward as if struggling against a strong gale. "You see, Alexandri?" the lizard-like, Zarg remarked. "The awesome power of the Legendary Silver Crystal is just as described! The woman has it, after all!"

"And as reported," Alexandri replied, "she doesn't seem to have the same level of control over it that Sailor Moon had. It appears to be damaging her."

"Then, for her own sake, we must relieve her of it!" Zarg jested, a nasty grin stretching across his reptilian mouth.

Sailor Venus opened her eyes. Sadly, her enemies had guessed correctly. The energy that coursed through her like electricity wasn't just for show. It caused her intense pain to maintain this form. As she gritted her teeth, trying to master the burning sensation that pulsed throughout her body, Venus couldn't help contemplating the mystery behind the peculiar change in her powers, but there was no time for that now. Given her current physical condition, she was lucky not to have passed out upon transforming. She had to end this battle quickly.

Spotting Lieutenant Higa leaving her hiding spot and reaching the police line gave Minako some relief, as did the police officers who remained conscious backing away at Higa's instruction. She didn't have to worry about further collateral damage now. She could cut loose.

Without warning, Sailor Venus lunged, crossing the wide street in a single bound and delivering a bone-breaking punch to Zarg's smirking face. He was hit with such force that an indentation was left on the concrete building he crashed into. Of course, Venus knew that he would recover from the physical attack, so after performing a roundhouse kick that caused Alexandri to evade into the sky, she immediately raised her arm and uttered, "Crescent Beam!"