𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 49

Last chapter.

Rest of the days pass away in haze with me and Ivan continuously working on our project. And today was his birthday.

Exactly a week before we were on our first date, on Brooklyn bridge.

Spending time with him only proved that it was love that I was craving. It was the only thing I needed in my life. And I came to my understanding that I really love him.

I fell for the man who watches while I sleep because he claims that it gives him a sense of happiness. I fell for the man that kisses me every morning and before going to bed. I fell for a man who is calm and gentle but can turn into a beast when someone hurts me.

But I had no guts to tell him. I tried. I tried so many time to let him know that I love him but I failed. My words get stucked in my throat everytime.

The lack of affection in my childhood led to me not showing affection.

The birthday party that me and Isabella planned is at night but I took an oath to put a candle in each and everything Ivan consumes, asking him to blow it for me.

I take the candle and poke it inside the sugar coated donut I made for him.

He watches me confusingly and blinks up at me.

Oh sweet jesus.

"Make a wish"

He closes his eyes briefly and smiles a little before opening his eyes and watches me dreamily.

He leans forward, his mouth forms a pout before he blows out the candle and takes the first bite.

He pulls me into his lap and brings it to my lips, making me taste the sweet.

"Happy three month anniversary" He says smiling and putting his dimples on display.

I lean forward kissing them and then his lips.

"Happy three month anniversary to you too"

"Rose? " I turn my head at the soft voice of ivan.

"How did I get so lucky? " He whispers looking straight into my eyes.

I pull him close to my chest and hug him closer.

"I'll give those to ria and remi" I announce while pulling away and taking the plate of one chocolate and a white chocolate glazed donut towards Ivan's room.

I see both of them sitting on the bed with their colouring books in their hands.

Ria smiles ear to ear at me while remi just looks up.

Both of them are used to me now. I play with them everyday but ria is more closer to me than remi.

I almost cried when ria blurted out and called me mom. No child should go through what they had to suffer and if me and Ivan are a forever thing, I promise to keep them happy.

"Look what I brought for you guys! " I exclaim entering the room.

"Yayy" Ria throws away the book and stands on the bed, jumping as she sees me.

I watch them while they chomp on the donuts happily.

"Show me what you did" I ask ria and she grins at me while paddling her way towards me on the bed with her book under her arm.

I take the book in my hand and I am at the loss of words.

Two elders, one man and one woman stand with two kids on their sides. Names are written on top of the characters. Ivan, rose, ria, remi.