𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3

We're so sad, we paint the towns blue.
~Taylor Swift

"With that  being said, you all are dismissed for today

"With that being said, you all are dismissed for today." Mr Thompson places his marker on the podium and grabs his books and holds them to his chest as if anyone is going to snatch it from him.

"Ms.levine? I'd like to have a word with you, please" He says fixing his glasses and I get up from my set.

"I'll be back" I tell turning my head towards claire who's now glaring daggers and scowling at the same boy who approached me earlier.

I follow him behind closely out of the class and we stand on one side of our corridor.

I thread my fingers in front of me below my waist as I wait for him to speak.

"Ms. Levine. You are distracted" Is the first sentence that leaves his mouth as soon as he turns to me.

"Umm.. I don't get you sir" I tell him even though I groan internally.

"I mean. I feel you're distracted these days. And at this point we cannot afford you to loose your track, get distracted and hence affect your grades." He explains and I only process one line out of his big ass speech.

We cannot afford.

Who the fuck asked them to afford me?

I nod my head in agreement crossing my arms on my chest.

"And also. Please try to be away from Ms. Larsen till your exams. No offense but I think she is a distraction for you. " He says pointing a finger towards our class.

I supress my sarcastic retort about him and my literature professor . About how she has become his "distraction". But I give him a smile that is fake as fuck.

" I'm sorry sir but i am offended and I think the people who are my friends have nothing to do with me being distracted as you said, And I even don't think I am distracted. I have my actions controlled and even if I am overwhelmed with emotions these days it can be because I have a life of my own out of this campus and it has nothing to do with claire." I tell him and he looks at me with slightly wide eyes.

"No dear, I didn't mean it as an insult. I just wanted to guide you to the right path." He covers it quickly and I only stare at him with my expression neutral.

"Anyways, election for the president of the student society will be coming soon. And your competition is a bit tough this time compared to last time" He says bringing his phone out of his pocket.

"What do you mean? " I ask him.

"It means last time students had no other option but to vote for you instead of that some jock. Who was it?... . I don't even remember his name. He later got arrested because of his sale of drugs in college. So it was 100% chance that you were going to win" He tells me waving his hands animatedly.

"And now? " I ask him out of curiosity.

"And now. My dear rose. That chances are deduced to 50% " He says returning the mocking smile I just gave him. My face visibly turns sad and he notices it.

"But don't worry the perks of being a president of the society have been Increased. To like an insane level. Whoever will win will definitely be benefited this time unlike the past years. I really hope you win rather than him. "

The word him gives me reassurance because male population in my campus only care about sex, parties and bribing teachers and the department head into giving them full attendance. There are very few, like a handful of them who are really interested in studying and getting good grades.

"Who is against me? " I ask him. My heart beating frantically against my ribcage.

Mr. Thompson's phone rings in his hand and he looks at the screen and starts panicking.

"Okay I gotta leave now. All the best to you" He says keeping his hand on my arm.

"Tell me who's against me atleast" I ask him walking beside him taking long strides to match his pace.

He stops. Turns towards me and leaves me appaled with the next name he takes.

"Ivan Callum "

Well then.

Fuck.