𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 45

It is finally the night of the farewell party and i cannot just wait to come back and change into comfortable sweats and pjs.

God, I hate parties.

"Pass me the highlighter, babe" Claire mutters while bringing her hair to the top of her head, trying to test how'd she look in a sleek pony.

We decided to get ready together at my place as cal was the one who was dropping and picking up as usual and i definitely needed someone's approval for my dress.

I went for a bit revealing than wearing the old long slits gown this time. The powder blue coloured silk material that has spaghetti straps fits me perfectly like a second skin. The right side of my leg has a long slit that reaches the top of my thigh with a small trail behind me.

And for the first time, I feel confident about wearing it. No matter how much I try, there's a teeny tiny bit of insecurity about my body in my mind that no one can remove.

Maybe it will go off completely when i meet someone who will make me feel special that I forget every flaw of mine.

Passing the highlighter to claire I watch as she carries herself with such grace.

Her short blonde hair curled for the first time look actually stunning and I am in a complete awe.

Done touching up and praising each other, me and claire get out of my house and wait for cal to pull in.

The moment he pulls in the lobby, his eyes never leave claire. It's like he's completely mesmerized by her. And why not. She's looking absolutely gorgeous.

Cal gets out of the car as we watch and walks directly towards us. Again, his eyes never leave claire for a second.

He stops in front of her, completely ignoring my existence. And for some reason, I don't feel bad or jealous about it.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, sweetheart" He whispers and a smile creeps on my lips at the comment.

I turn to look at claire who is watching him with an almost blank face as if she didn't expect that.

Shaking my head I walk towards the car deciding to leave them alone.

"Thank you" I hear her reply when I slam the door shut beside me.

My jaw drops on the car floor when I see cal leaning in to kiss Claire's cheek.

Cheek kisses are cute right?

Taking my phone out, I snap a quick picture of them and put it back inside when they walk towards the car and open the door.

"Hey" Cal says pulling his seat belt and watches claire do the same beside him.

Rest of the car ride is filled with a debate between claire and cal about which Taylor Swift era is the best. Claire says it's reputation while cal says it's lover.

Both of them are like the opposite ends of a stick, But still together.

While we are on the way, I get a text from unknown number.

On opening the text I see several messages.

Isabella here!
Wanted to talk about something! Come at our place after the party?

Taking a breath of relief and saving her number on my phone I text her back.

Hey! Sure!

By the time I text her back we reach the venue and get out of the car.

"Do you guys have your ids? " Cal asks us fixing his shirt that he wore under her black blazer suit.

"Yeah.we do" Me and claire reply in union while walking.