Chapter 5

Coronation, Evil and Celebrations

Auradon Cathedral

Me and Jay were sat in a carriage on the way to the Cathedral for Ben's Coronation. I looked at Jay to see him looking at his hands nervously.

"Hey, you ok? You look nervous?" I asked him grabbing a hold of his hand.

"Oh... yeah. Just never been to a Coronation before." He told me kissing my knuckles.

"Well all you have to do is stand there next to me and look handsome. No problem there." I said smiling at him and he smiled back before pulling a box out of his pocket.

"Oh. I almost forgot I made you something for later for energy." He said handing it to me. I opened it to see a small cupcake, which I immediately knew was an anti-love spell.

"Oh thank you. You're so thoughtful, but I can't wait." I told him before taking a bite of it.

"Oh... wait. Umm... would you say you still... do you still have feelings for me?" He asked stammering a bit.

"I don't know let's give the anti-love spell a couple minutes to set in." I said closing the box as he nodded along before realising what I said making me laugh.

"Wha... how did you know?" He asked shocked that I knew what it was.

"How did I know? I know because the love spell didn't actually affect me. It never did." I told calming my laughter as I waved at someone in the crowd.

"It didn't?" He asked still looking at me.

"Nope." I replied looking back at him.

"So what you've been faking the whole time?" He asked looking down at his hands.

"I haven't faked anything." I told him as we pulled up outside the Cathedral doors. He got out first, then helped me get out before we walked up to my parents to wait for Ben and Mal. They finally arrived and then walked up to us.

"About the other day, I just..." Mal began to apologise to them before getting cut off by Dad.

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." He explained to her before looking across at him.

"You also taught me that a King has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy." Ben said looking up at Dad.

"I did? I... how very wise of me." Dad said while I just rolled my eyes at him with a smile.

"Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart." Mom told him giving him a loving smile.

"Thanks, Mom." He said before I spoke up.

"Ok well this corset is really uncomfortable, so can we wrap this up and get this over with." I said quoting Shuri with a clap of my hands.

"You said you would stop quoting Shuri, Alexis." Ben said looking across at me as Mal and Jay just laughed.