chapter five

After the phone call between Regina and I ended, I quickly called Emma to tell her.

"Hello, y/n is something wrong?" Emma asked

"Emma, I am going to have breakfast with Regina tomorrow!" You said

As I said that Emma shot up and shook her head in denial.

"What!? I said that to be funny, I didn't think you would actually call the mayor, which by the way is your boss!"

As Emma spoke, I was confused as to why she wasn't saying I told you so.

"Emma, why is this bothering you? You told me to do this."

"Y/n, I just don't want your feelings to get hurt if she doesn't actually show like she says she will." Emma said with a worried tone.

I hadn't thought that through. Emma's words stung my heart, but I knew she was truthful. Regina had been known to lead people on only to break their hearts in the end, and I did not want to be one of those people.

"Okay yeah your right. Here's what I will do, I will go tomorrow, and if she doesn't show you and me can just grab some coffee together." I said.

Emma's face turned bright red at my comment about grabbing coffee, and she was glad I wasn't there to see it.

Emma shook her head and smiled, "Yes, I would love to have coffee."

I smiled, "okay then it's settled."

After hanging up, I realized how late it was. I quickly changed and brushed my teeth before going to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT MORNING 

    I woke up with only 10 minutes to get ready before I had to leave to go to Granny's. I quickly picked out my outfit for the day, which was just the usual work uniform and shoes.

  Once I was done changing, I ran out the door and made my way to the diner. When I arrived, the place looked empty except for Henry and Emma. I decided to sit down at a booth in front of the restaurant, and I waited for Regina.

"She should be here by now she's five minutes late." I thought to myself.

As Granny's got busier, I kept checking the door every time the bell rang as people entered. Henry left and said goodbye, my coffee got cold, and Regina never came in. Luckily, I had someone else who had waited on me, Emma.

I quickly left my booth and went over to hers.

"May I sit with you?" I asked

Emma smirked, "Of course, unless you smell." She said

We both chuckled at her joke, but we were interrupted.

"Glad you two have each other. Love is hard to find around here. Now, what will you order?" Granny asked.

Emma and I both blushed at her comment, "I will have a scone and tea, please." I said

"And I will have some coffee with cinnamon." Emma said.

After taking our orders, Granny's walked away, leaving me and Emma blushing messes. 

"She's right, y'know." Emma said

I looked at her in confusion, "right about, what exactly?"

"Us having each other. Listen, you're going to think I'm insane for even asking you, but  would you want to go on an actual date or outing with me sometime?" Emma asked

I felt my face heat up at the vulnerability the woman in front of me had just displayed.

"Emma, I um, do you -"

"Yes, I do y/n, that's why I asked. She said blushing.

I smiled warmly at her, "yes, I would love to go on a date with you Emma Swan!" I said.

"Great!" Emma said.

I leaned into the table, "I'm really glad Regina didn't show." I said with a blush.

Emma obviously smitten took my hand, "I am too!"

When Emma and I finished up at Granny's we walked outside and she did something unexpectedly, held my hand. I couldn't explain it but in that moment I felt more love than I had ever felt and I was happy to be with her.

As we turned a corner Emma suddenly let go of my hand.

"What is wrong?" I asked

Emma didn't answer she just looked forward, and I did the same.

Regina.

There she was, staring at our hands with a shocked and saddened look.

"I see our outing at Granny's brought you two together." Regina said

"Don't be like that, you are 2 hours late!" I spat

"I had a slow morning!" She said.

Emma grabbed my hand before I could say anything else, "Let's go y/n, we have to get ready for our date."

I happily followed her until I was stopped by Regina, "date?" She asked

I looked at her, "yes, is there a problem with that?" I asked.

I walked off as Regina watched, "yes, you were supposed to be mine." She said to herself as she watched me walk away.