{12}

Third Person P.O.V
________________

"Poison?" Raion stepped forward. His eye began bleeding again, Sage raised one hand holding it to his eye, healing both him and his mother. "You will exert yourself." Kakashi told her.

"Get my mother." She spoke low, suppressing a cough, to Sasukes surprise, his son was silent. Naruto and Kakashi went off to look for Sakura, Sasuke placed Hinata down in the shade.

He watched the young girl, balance between healing Raion's eyes and Hinata's.

"What type of poison? Can you tell?" Sasuke hid the anxiety he felt, he knew of her wavering sight but never what caused it. Sage shook her head.

"It isn't circulating her body." She coughed, the green glow fading for a moment, "I'm okay Sage." Raion finally spoke guiding her hands back to his mothers eyes.

She held a sympathetic look and nodded, "That's.. good right?" he then questioned. "Yes and.. no. It seems to be targeting her eyes.."

"When I met her, I sensed the same weakness, but I figured she was like you and strained her eyes using the byakugan for too long."

She then turned to Sasuke, "This wasn't from the attack in that village. This had to have come from before." Her face grew pale, and eyes lidded.

"Stop Sage. She will be okay." Sasuke hesitantly put a hand on both Raion and Sages head. Sage smiled weakly, "I have to keep going until mom arrives.. I won't risk it." The green glowed stronger.

The two Uchiha men kneeled beside her in silence, she was an adamant girl and they knew that she was experienced in this field.

____

"Sage!?" A voice yelled around five minutes later, "Oh Sage! Stop." Sakura called out, the concern pure in her tone. She ran and instantly took over.

"Thanks mama." Sage muttered closing her eyes slowly. "Sage??" Sakura furrowed her brows at her daughter, "....Take her to the hospital." tears welded in her eyes. She was already so attached to this little girl.

She was her human to take care of, she knew that the moment her eyes set on her. She couldn't bear seeing her that way, her heart couldn't take it.

"Is she okay?" Raion's heart raced, first his mother now Sage? It was too much to handle. "She has exerted all her Chakra...Take her. Or she will die." Sakura spoke quickly.

She looked at Sasuke pleading, "Please." Her emerald eyes glossed over in tears. Sasuke had a soft spot for his teammates, they were his family. A brother and sister he couldn't have. He had wronged them many times in the past, now, his soul stung at seeing them sadden.

If anything, he desired their happiness more than his. He desired his sons happiness more than his, and this girl was a great source of it... For all who he held dear.

Sasuke nodded, "Of course." His face hardened as he looked Sakura in her eyes. Someone here had to be strong, to show that is was alright.

He picked up Sage, "Come Raion." He told the boy knowing he'd break down if he had to stay by the side of either passed out gals.

"But..." He glanced at Sakura, "It'll be okay." Sakura told him. "Don't you worry." He smile small but unwavering. She knew just as well as Sasuke that kids didn't need to see adults break down. They just needed to be reassured that it would be okay... Even if it wouldn't.

Raion took a deep breath and ran to his father, in mere seconds they disappeared from where they had stood.

Sakuras bright glow intensified. Whatever this was harming Hinata, it was not letting up.