Eternity Chapter 8

Amanda’s POV

“ Now everyone knows what happened last night and to say I’m less than pleased it the understatement of the year”, I said pacing back and forth.

“ We’re sorry Amanda it was just a one time thing”, Jordan said. “ So is having your friends under a spell that ends with their gruesome horrible deaths I know you want to have fun but it can wait until this is over”, I said calmly. “ You okay?”, he asked. “ No I’m not okay I cut myself on the way home and I lost my phone and I just found out we have one day to fix everything”, I said sitting down. “ Sorry what?”, Aidan asked. “ The solstice is tomorrow night”, Miranda said sitting down. “ No it can’t be that’s way too soon you must have got it wrong”, Jordan said. I turned the sound up on the news I was watching earlier. “ With the solstice coming tomorrow night crime has increased in California girls have been going missing wolf attacks and over all madness”, the news lady said. “ Oh”, he said when the ads came on. “ Exactly we can’t have anymore one time things we have to act but first we need to figure out a plan”, I said starting to pace again.

“ We could always call their brother he’s in town isn’t he”, Aidan suggested.

“ I don’t know that could be a backup plan”, I said anxiously. “ I’ll go make coffee then we hit the books one each and Eve can look up stuff on the Internet”, Jordan said calmly. “ Good then Miranda and I go to the library and I go talk to some locals”, I said seriously. “ Deal and the three of us will stay here fair’s fair”, Eve agreed. “ Good now what was that about coffee”, I said sitting down. “ Its coming go deal with yourself it’ll be awhile”, Jordan assured me. “ K”, I said then went to the bathroom. I cleaned up my wounds then put bandages over them. I washed my hair in the sink quickly getting the wildlife out then went back out. I had changed a long sleeveless black top and some black jeans. “ Lets get to work”, I said grabbing my coffee.

I looked through my book and found nothing useful. “ Relax Amanda everything’s going to work out”, Eve said as I closed my book. “ God I hope so”, I said finishing my coffee. “ This coffee is too strong for me”, Miranda said putting it down. Everyone looked her and she added, “ but thanks for everything”. “ No prob”, Jordan shrugged. “ Anyone found anything”, I asked massaging my temples. “ The height of the solstice is at midnight”, Eve said eyes glued to the screen. “ Good that gives us plenty of time well I’m done reading Miranda you coming”, I said putting the book back in my bag. “ Yep wait up”, she said hurrying after me. I grabbed my worn brown leather jacket and headed out to the library. A foreign land to me!

Miranda went to look up the solstice while I looked up witches. I found one book the one Damien gave me it was just like it. I started to look through it and lost track of time. I ended up signing it out right before the library closed and I told Miranda and we left. “ What self respecting library closes at three”, she said as we walked along the sidewalk. “ I’m going to call someone”, I said pulling out my phone. “ Hello”, the guy said. “ Nick Sullivan?”, I asked. “ Red Collins this really is an honour”, he said shocked. “ Yeah yeah it’s a miracle listen I need some info”, I said seriously. “ I heard about the witches what do you want to know”, he asked. “ Not over the phone come to the Café Rock downtown see you there”, I said then hung up. Miranda went home and I headed down.

I didn’t trust anyone enough to have them near my sister when it came to wolves. Regularly I couldn’t care less about killing vampires but I wasn’t losing one of my few allies. I arrived there and ordered an espresso while I waited. “ Red?”, someone asked. “ You’re late”, I said dismissively. “ There was three Café Rocks”, he said sitting down. “ Interesting now what do you know about some witches and a sorcerer, Destiny, Summer and Drake”, I asked. “ Drake White and his sisters boy they’re infamous Destiny’s a mind reader, Summer’s the real witch bitch from hell and Drake lets just say don’t piss him off he’s three times more powerful”, he said coolly. “ Do they have any weaknesses allergies, magic charms hell even phobias”, I asked anxiously. “ That book in your bag can tell you more than I can but I will say this the only way to the Whites is through being more powerful it all comes down to power”, he said getting up. “ Thank you for your help”, I said extending his hand. “ It was a pleasure to meet the girl behind the legend”, he said shaking my hand. “ Now you can tell your girlfriend about today see ya around”, I said then left.

I went home and told my allies what I’d learned. “ So you think that book really has the answers”, Aidan asked. “ I do but just to be safe call Drake I want to find out all I can”, I said getting up, “ meanwhile I’m going to read”. “ You make it sound like work”, Jordan said. “ I do what I have to but I swear I’ll never read again after today”, I said going into my room. I opened the book and started again from the beginning. “ Can I help?”, Miranda said knocking on the doorframe. “ Sure”, I said moving over. “ Its weird isn’t it all those years witches stayed away and then suddenly there’s a whole race”, she said flipping the page. “ Serial yes but it won’t be the first big surprise”, I shrugged. “ Which was a bigger surprise finding out Damien was your mate or that I was your sister and be honest”, she asked a few minutes later. “ Oh you by far I was sure you were just some flake no offence then again the hair was probably a tip off so the Damien thing definitely”, I said tapping my pencil.

“ Not everyone has hair the colour of flames”, she said flipping her hair. “ Not everyone wants it but can I tell you a nasty secret”, I said changing the subject. “ What?”, she asked fascinated.

“ My name in Latin means lovable”, I said trying to keep a straight face. She snorted then burst into violent fits of laughter. “ I swear even my nickname Amy means beloved I mean honestly how weird is that”, I laughed. “ I swear to god I’ve never laughed that in my life what does my name mean”, she asked curiously. “ Admirable”, I said checking. “ Oh well we all know that’s true”, she said cheerfully. “ Yeah yeah and my real name means meadowlands what the FUCK”, I said annoyed. “ At least you have nicknames and stuff but on a more serious note can I ask you a question”, she asked. “ Sure”, I said interested. “ If I’d gone there would Bane have done that to me”, she asked biting her lip. “ I think so they’re not in their right minds though that guy isn’t Bane”, I explained, “ if it comes down to it you might have to knock him off his head”.

“ Won’t be the first time”, she smirked. “ Oh really ahh”, I said smartly.

“ He’s really not as bad as he seems like when I first got back he kissed me and I think he really meant it he’s all gooey on the inside”, she sighed putting her head against the pillow. “ Both of you are maybe even Aidan he really seems to like Georgie”, I said. “ You’re really special you know Mandy”, she said puzzled. “ I know”, I said flipping my hair dramatically.

“ We may just be sisters after all”, I said as she flipped the page. “ It’s nice having a sister”, she smiled. “ It kind of is”, I admitted. “ So what are we learning now”, she asked. I looked at the page and immediately I was staring. It read,

The key to a witch’s power or sorcerer the star gem. Found on a necklace it is the key to the people of the light’s power. The only way to take a light man or woman’s power away is to smash or break the star gem in some way. They hold the key to their power to behold is to hold power over all.

“ Eureka”, I said jumping up. “ What?”, she said shocked by my behaviour”, I said underlining the info. She read it then jumped up her expression was shocked yet thrilled like mine. “ We did it”, we said repeatedly jumping up and down. We hugged and I heard the door open. “ What the hell”, Jordan said. “ We figured out the answer guys we’re getting them back”, Miranda said tears in her eyes like mine. They all cheered and we did a little victory dance. “ We’re getting them back”, we said jumping around. “ We have a meeting with Drake in a few minutes lets go get the skinny on the White family”, Aidan said. “ Deal lets go”, Eve said excitedly. “ Off we go”, I said grabbing my jacket and a knife just in case. We all piled into the car and drove over to the woods. We journeyed into the woods and to the biggest clearing. “ Red Collins”, someone said. “ Depends who’s asking”, I asked.

“ Drake White”, he said walking out.

Drake was tall with white blonde hair and black pitiless eyes I already didn’t trust him. “ So you were dumb enough to come”, he smirked. “ And you were dumb enough to bring backup”, I said as people surrounded us.

“ Enjoy hell”, he said getting out of the way. “ Let’s start”, I said with a smile. “ Don’t die okay”, Miranda whispered. “ I’ll try not to”, I said. It all started this way but I had no idea how it would end?…

Comment

Read

Vote

Fan

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!