Eternity Chapter 3

Amanda's POV

I hated lying to Damien and I knew he knew I was lying but I couldn't exactly tell him the whole truth. That there were witches coming here, my sister wanted to screw him and Aidan really cared about Georgie. I was only guessing the last one but it seemed so obvious. I'd never thought of Aidan at all actually he was always just Bane's younger brother nothing big just a guy in the background. He and Leo had been best friends but I had a feeling they weren't anymore. I laid down on the ground my head against Damien's leg. He moved down wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head against his shoulder. I wished life was this simple but sooner or later you have to come to grips with reality.

The others came back awhile later once I'd finished the book and was now eating marshmallows trying to act cheerfully but I was deep in thought in actuality. The whole book seemed to contradict itself one chapter said witches were beakers and the next said they used trickery and witchcraft to bend the world any way they wanted. I tried to have fun as we climbed into the trees and used our cellphones to talk. I fell asleep in the tent I was sharing with Damien. The next day I called all my contacts once we got home. I didn't know where to find Leo and he probably knew the most. I went to the library a few hours after we got home and looked up witches. I borrowed a couple books and brought them home to my study. I read through them but it was the same thing half said one thing half said another so I called in the big guns.

I spent the day in my new study it was across the hall from Damien's study. I called the Nevada packs I'd heard from another New York pack the one who took over when we left that they knew stuff. They said there was witch activity in Las Vegas funny I'd never seen them I'd been in Las Vegas like three or four times and now all the sudden they were there.

" Hello?", a familiar male voice said.

" Red Collins", I said calmly. " Red this really is an honor what can I do you for?", he asked excitedly. " Listen I need some information about witches", I asked running my hand through my hair as I spoke. " Witches yeah Tyson's the real expert", he said trying to impress me. " Great could I talk to him by any chance", I asked. " He's dead actually", he said after a minute.

" Dead how dead?", I asked sitting upright. " Witches killed him", he said uncertainly. " I'm sorry to be ride but do you know anyone else who knows about witches", I sighed. " I meet a guy years ago actually had a short fling with a witch", he revealed. " Great do you have a name?", I asked picking up a pencil. " Bane Winston", he said. God damn it great just my luck. " Are you sure that was his name?", I asked.

" Yeah", he said certainly. " Short sandy brown hair, black pitiless eyes", I said laying my head against the desk.

" Yep that's him", he said coolly,

" know him?" " Yeah we're bffs thanks for the info I'll take care of it", I said tired. " It was a pleasure to talk to the legend", he said excitedly. " Yeah it's a real great story for the kids have a nice day", I said then hung up. I banging my head against the wall for about twenty minutes. This was how I got my ideas I know it's a little weird but weird is my middle name, well actually Rayne but you know what I mean. I finally decided what I was going to do. I gathered some supplies and climbed out the window. I thought over everything I knew as I walked. I switched into wolf mode and carried the bag in my mouth. I got to my destination about ten minutes later. I stayed just inside the woods to get changed into a white cashmere sweater and some black leather pants. I checked out the building then jumped for the rails caught them and pulled myself up onto the balcony. I picked open the lock and climbed in through the window. I walked down the hall and no one caught me this was too easy. " Hey Miranda Bane wants to see you in his office", Aidan said passing. " Thanks", I said in her voice. I'd checked earlier and I knew Miranda was passed out in her room already in fact I snuck in through her window. I walked into Bane's office and sat in one of the spinning chairs. I loved those things it was so sweet he had my favorite kind of chair ready.