12. Healing His Injuries/ Putting The Stones Back

Narrator POV

October 17, 2026

While the kids are watching a movie, Shuri comes over and takes with Wanda.

"Shuri, is he ok?"

"Yes. He's ok, his healing ability started working on the entire body not that long after his arm was off."

Wanda, May and Pepper sigh in relief.

"He's currently in his room, but I will say, he's in a coma. He'll probably be like that until he's able to get his energy back."

"Can we see him?"

"Yes, just be careful of his right side."

Wanda nods.

"Can we see daddy now?"

"Don't worry, you can see him, just be careful, ok?"

The kids nod.

"Cmon kids, and be gentle."

The kids nod, and are lead into the room by Wanda and May, as Pepper stays behind with Morgan.

The kids see their father, laying on the bed, and Wanda wants to break down and cry.

She's never seen Peter this badly since he returned from space. This time, he's missing an arm.

"On his left side kids, remember, a gentle touch."

The kids hold onto Peter's hand.

"Dad, are you awake?"

Tommy doesn't get an answer.

"He's asleep honey. He's resting, he'll be out for some time."

"How long?" Asks Billy.

May and Wanda hesitate to answer.

"We don't know baby. We just know he'll wake up when he's ready."

Maybelle and Penelope look at their daddy and they wanna cry.

"Daddy, please wake up."

"I wanna hug you daddy. Please."

Wanda is on the verge of breaking down. She knows how the kids have missed Peter. The love the four kids have for their father is unparalleled.

It stays silent for a few minutes, but then Natasha walks in.

"How is he?"

"He's alive, he's just in a coma. Theyvdont know when he'll wake up though."

"I'm thankful he's alive.... you know, the day he came to the Compound, I made him a promise, that nothing would happen to the kids, to you. I just wish I could've saved him from this."

"I saw him with the stones before he snapped his fingers.... I read his mind. He didn't do this for anybody else, but the kids. He was thinking about saving the kids."

Wanda just a good life, and when she nearly gets it, she loses a loved one.

Peter, the love of her life, is in danger, and there's nothing she can do to help.

She wishes she can take his pain away. She wishes she can make him wake up.

She wants Peter to hug and kiss his kids.
She wants all the good things a family gives a mother, but her whole life, grief and pain have been her friends.

"I want this to end. No more. Please, I can't take this anymore. Natasha, promise me, that after this, when he wakes up, you don't call him for anything."

Natasha looks at Wanda.

"He's done. He's retired. He even agreed to leave that life behind when he figured out time travel."