Chapter Two

- Author's POV - 

Song Ji Ra is following in her footsteps being an actress in Korea and even in America. The director called her to pack her things because Song Ji Ra is finally going to America.

As Song Ji Ra packs her things, she can't help but feel a mix of emotions m. She told Moon Bin that she was finally going to America... and Moon Bin congratulated her on this new opportunity in her career and wished her all the best.

That's why Song Ji Ra isn't ready to say goodbye yet. So as she's packing up her belongings, she calls him. Moon Bin answers after the third ring, "Hey Song Ji Ra." She feels the tears welling up again, "Moon Bin I'm about to leave the country." Moon Bin stays silent while Song Ji Ra tries to hold back her crying.

"Moon Bin I'm going to miss you."

She chokes out between cries. She hears Moon Bin sigh, "We'll always be best friends, right? We still have plenty of time until we meet again. You can come visit me anytime you want, alright?"

Song Ji Ra sniffles, "Yes Moon Bin I'll see you soon." Moon Bin says goodbye and hangs up after that.

She continues packing her luggage and takes one last look at everything she has collected.

As she looks around the room, she thinks of her bedroom and how happy she used to make it. She misses Moon Bin. She misses Seoul. She wants to stay here...

but she knows she can't. She has dreams in America and she needs to follow those dreams. That's why she's leaving her home behind to pursue them.

When Song Ji Ra gets into the airport, her mind wanders to the last few days before her departure.

She had many memories here and it made her heart ache. As she was waiting in line for her flight, she remembered how nervous she was when she first started practicing acting.

She remembered how much pain she had to go through and how little progress she made. She remembered how hard she worked during the day to practice.

Then she remembers the night when she practiced on her own and couldn't sleep. She remembers how hard it was to get up in the morning and how tired she was every night.

The memory makes her smile as she sits down for her flight. Song Ji Ra will miss her best friend, Moon Bin. He has always been there for her for a long time since High school.

He supported her when she auditioned for the drama program at college. He helped her when she landed a part and also took care of her when she needed it.

She misses him so much already. Her eyes sting and she doesn't know why. When the announcement is on.

Song Ji Ra heard the announcement is on telling the plane going to the US to line up for whom is going to America.

When she gets on the plane, Song Ji Ra puts on a mask and sunglasses so nobody notices her.

Song Ji Ra finds her seat number where she sits and she found it. Song Ji Ra was seated in first class.

The seats are big and spacious and she has her seat all to herself. Song Ji Ra sighs with relief as she sits down. Then she reaches for her phone which she set on airplane mode earlier.

When she opens the camera, she looks at the screen. She takes a picture of the seat she is sitting in. There's no way to get another seat. Song Ji Ra's face twists into sadness. She takes another photo.

This time she'll take a selfie of herself. With her hair down and makeup applied. She smiles. Then she sends the selfie to Moon Bin.

While the plane travels across the Pacific Ocean. The plane ride is not too eventful but Song Ji Ra is bored out of her mind as she stares outside the window. She checks her phone. Nothing from Moon Bin. She scrolls through her messages hoping to find something.

There are pictures of the scenery outside but nothing from Moon Bin. Song Ji Ra wonders what Moon Bin is doing.