Chapter One

- Song Ji Ra's POV -

I finished my acting in a series and I saw my best friend Moon Bin waiting for me next to my manager. He hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe so I tapped on his arm he realized that I couldn't breathe so he let me go.  He was so happy to see me acting...  

We hugged each other because of happiness until I got the shock of a lifetime. My director told me that I am going to America to promote my acting skills to the top. I jumped so high with happiness and I see Moon Bin's sad eyes with a fake smile on his face.

He said, "I am happy for you, Song Ji Ra. I will be waiting for you right here. And go to America to promote your acting." with sad eyes and a fake smile as he looked at me and walked away from the set.

I ran after him but he told me, "Go to America, I will wait for you, Song Ji Ra." But I shook my head and said, "No, no, no, I want you to come with me, Moon Bin. You are the only one who helped to get this job." with sad eyes until one tear came out of my eye.

He notices my tear fall off my face and he hugged me like a koala. I hugged him back because I need a shoulder to cry on. He said, "Think about going to America. I am here to support you when you are in a different state." with a fake smile as he looks at me and he wipes my tears with his fingers.

I nodded as we say goodbye to everyone even my director. Moon Bin and I walked to the car and I was thinking about going to America without Moon Bin. He looked at me and saw my face of sadness but I wiped it off.

Moon bin drove the car and I was in the passager seat but I was looking out the window thinking about going to America. While I was looking out the window, Moon Bin noticed my worried face and asked me, "What are you thinking about Song Ji Ra?" I turned to him with a sad smile and said, "I am just thinking about how things are going to be different when I go to America without you, Moon Bin." in a sad tone.

Moon Bin looked at me sympathetically and said, "I am going to miss you too, but we will always be close friends. Besides, with technology and social media, we can stay connected no matter the distance." in a comforting tone.

I appreciated Moon Bin's comforting words, but I couldn't help feeling a sense of sadness knowing that things were going to be different. As we arrived at my apartment Moon Bin get out of the car and open the car for me.

I stepped out of the car and turned to Moon Bin with a smile trying to hide my sadness. "Thanks, Moon Bin," I said. Moon Bin noticed my smile is not full of happiness...

and asked me, "Are you okay?" in a concerned tone. I took a deep breath and said, "I will be okay Moon Bin." in a soft and shaky voice. Moon Bin gave me a comforting hug and said, "It's okay to be sad and emotional. But just remember that we will always be friends no matter where you go or how far apart we are." in a heartfelt tone.

I nodded with tears falling out of my eyes. Moon Bin is such a great friend and I will miss him dearly. I went inside my apartment and turned to wave goodbye to Moon Bin. Moon Bin smiled and waved back as he got into his car to leave. As I stood at the window watching Moon Bin's car disappear into the distance, I couldn't help but feel a sense of finality.

I went to my room to take off my makeup and change into my pajamas when suddenly Moon Bin's words echoed in my mind, "We will always be friends no matter where you go or how far apart we are."

Moon Bin was right. He told me to chase my promotion so I will do it. I called my director and told him, "I accept the promotion and will start preparing to move to America." in a serious tone. I felt a sense of determination that I hadn't felt before, knowing that Moon Bin was still there for me even if we were miles apart.