30. Fairy lights

8 months later

"Sugar, I'm home!" Jungkook yelled as he closed the door behind himself, immediately hearing soft paws running in his direction. "Tannie!" He smiled happily, crouching down and stroking his puppy's soft fur.

It took the now raven boy a few seconds to realize Yeontan had a small note attached to his collar. He looked around him before taking and reading it. "Take Tan-ah out for a walk to the park, pleaaaase? -TaeTae." Jungkook read out loud. He pouted as he realized Taehyung was probably busy but he put the leash on Yeontans colar anyway.

He walked his way to the park, slightly uncomfortable in the dark hours of the evening. Once arrived, he was met with a scene that he couldn't even have dreamed about.

Pretty fairy lights were littered all over the trees, complementing the rose petals that were all over the grass. In the middle, a little too far for Jungkook to make out exactly what was happening, he could see tiny tea lights surrounding a typical picnic blanket.

Yeontan started pulling the boy into the park, making him smile when he realized the puppy started pulling because he saw his other owner. Once they reached him, Yeontan ran over to the food on the blanket  instead of to Taehyung, making Jungkook stumble over into the boy's chest. The silver haired boy smiled. "Hey strawberry." He said, wrapping his arms around his waist.

Jungkook's eyes sparkled as he looked into his boyfriend's eyes. "What's all this? How did you even organise this?" He asked, confused because he didn't really think today was a special day.

Taehyung chuckled. "Today, it's a year since we first met." He said and he picked Jungkook up easily (the boy's been training, like damn, muscles daddy~), making him yelp. "And I wanted to surprise you."

Jungkook smiled, wrapping his legs around Taehyung's waist and pecking his nose. "It's been a year already?" He asked, Taehyung nodded. "It feels like just days ago I stood on your doorstep, disagreeing on becoming your roommate."

Taehyung smiled. "Bet you're happy you're such a push-over." He said, making Jungkook smack his chest. "Ouch, you can't deny it!"

Jungkook scoffed. "You were just a whiny bitch. Still are." He said as he looked away, pouting.

The silver boy pursed his lips. "But I'm your whiny bitch." He said. "But hey! There's a lot of food, let's sit down and-"

"Whoa, hold the fuck up." A sudden voice was heard from the bushes, making the couple scream and tumble over on the ground together. Taehyung groaned when he realized it was Jimin.

"Chim, I told you to leave after-"

"Bitch! At least give him my vice-card, you know you didn't cook that shit, I'm the cook here." Jimin complained. Suddenly, Yoongi came walking out of the bushes as well, looking annoyed. "I told you to stay in the bush!" Jimin yelled at him.

Yoongi groaned. "You didn't tell me to do anything! You hit me with a stick and ran out before I could stop you!"

Jimin sighed dramatically. "I'm just tryna do what lovers do!" He screamed.

"Fucking leave Adam Levine out of this talk, I'm your fiance and you're not allowed to hit me!" Yoongi yelled back.

Taehyung groaned. "Guys!" He yelled, the other two just went on bickering. "Fucking- YOONGI AND JIMIN!"

They both looked down at Taehyung who was sitting down on the ground where he fell with a confused Jungkook on his lap. "What?" They asked in sinc

"You two should've left literally 2 hours ago! Let us have a special night." Taehyung complained, sighing after. "Please?"

The two others sighed as well before nodding. "Will you suck my dick when we get home?" Yoongi asked and Jimin smiled, nodding. "Then let's go."

They both walked away and Taehyung looked back at his boyfriend's eyes. "I'm so sorry." He softly said but Jungkook giggled, not giving the silver man the reaction he expected. "Wha-"

"I fucking love my life." Jungkook said, giggling again after. "It's so weird, we're so weird! I love you!"

Taehyung could've sworn he melted right in that moment. "You're adorable." He smiled. "Can I just say something crazy?"

"I love crazy!" Jungkook squealed, then he gasped. "We're like those dudes from Froze!"

Taehyung smiled. "Look, Kookie, strawberry, angel, baby. When we met, I was so sure I wasn't capable of love. I was so scared of it. But then you showed me how it can be and took all my fears away so gently. You made me feel love and I'm so goddamn thankful for that." He said ever so sweetly. After, Jungkook peppered his face in hundreds of tiny kisses.

"Can we just marry right here? Right now?" He asked, smiling. "It's been a year, it's not too soon, right?"

Taehyung played with Jungkook's hair. "You really think so?" He asked softly. "Because..." He softly lifted Jungkook off of his lap, standing up and putting the boy on his feet as he himself went down on one knee, pulling something out of his back pocket. "I've been thinking."

Jungkook clasped his hands over his mouth. "Tae, really?" He sounded like he was about to cry.

Taehyung finally showed it to Jungkook. "I've had this Haribo ring in my pocket for ages, will you throw it away for me?"

Jungkook groaned. "Kim Taehyung! You piece of fucking shit I was about to cry!" He yelled, a tear already streaming down his cheek. "Fuck this, I'm proposing." He said, getting down on one knee, opposite of Taehyung on the same height. "Kim Taehyung, love of my goddamn life. I don't have a ring but let's get married."

Taehyung smiled widely. "I do have a ring." He said excited, pulling an actual ring box out of his coat. "Let's marry the fuck out of each other, strawberry."

"Yes!" Jungkook yelled, eyes twinkling ever so brightly. He threw himself at Taehyung, hugging him aggressively. "I've never seen such a messy proposal." He giggled.

Taehyung giggled as well. "What's better than a messy proposal for two messy boys in a messy relationship?"

"Two boys messy in bed?" Jungkook asked, tempting.

Taehyung pulled out of the hug, looking Jungkook in the eyes. "Doesn't have to be in bed, does it?" He smirked, standing up after. "Wait, no."

Jungkook pouted. "No?" He asked.

"I've been wanting to dance with you since forever now." Taehyung said randomly and Jungkook raised his eyebrows. The silver man smiled. "Ballroom dancing, my parents made me learn it."

"I thought your parents hated you?" Jungkook questioned as he got pulled up and into Taehyung's chest.

Taehyung nodded. "Exactly." He said, making Jungkook frown.

"If you hate it, why do you want to dance with me?" He asked.

"Because I've always wanted to do the dance of love with someone that means more to me than my grandma's sister." Taehyung said. "Now, can you sing me a song? I'll lead the way."

He got in position and Jungkook smiled as their chests were so close. "What song?"

"Beautiful Stranger."