27. Overwhelmed and insecure

"Tae, I'm home!" Jungkook yelled as he walked into the living room. He saw Taehyung sitting on the couch with what looked like an ID card, his ID card in his hands, looking sad. "Hey, what happened?"

The blue boy looked up with pouty lips. "Why didn't you tell me your birthday was september first?" He asked, sounding genuinely upset.

Jungkook smiled softly. "You weren't here during my birthday, Tae. I couldn't predict that you'd disappear a month before so I never even got the chance to." He explained, then he sat down and put his hand on his still upset boyfriend's knee. "Why are you this sad about it?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I just wanted to celebrate it with you and give you a lot of kissies all day and take care of you." He said.

Jungkook's heart busted. "Baby, you do that everyday. You take care of me every day, you give me a lot of kisses. I should be the one giving you something." He softly said. "But if you really want a special day for it, make today that day."

Taehyung's face lit up. "Let's bake a cake! And then, I'll... I'll..." The boy thought a little. "I'll decorate our place! And we can sing together-"

Jungkook chuckled, making the other boy quiet down. "Who pushed you into this state of submission?" He asked.

The boy shrugged again. "Been thinking about you all day, it makes me soft." He said.

Jungkook sighed lovingly. "You're amazing." He said and Taehyung blushed. "You're so nice and caring and friendly and loving and-"

"Whoah, calm down. It's your late birthday today, you can do that on mine." Taehyung said, smiling.

Jungkook nodded. "Alright but c'mere, I didn't get my welcome home kiss yet."

--

"It's kind of ironic how you once were scared of the same grocery store you now work at." Taehyung chuckled as he watched his boyfriend change into his work clothes. "You look good in blue."

Jungkook raised his eyebrows as he looked into the mirror. "I look fucking horrible." He said.

The blue boy frowned. "What the fuck?" He said. Jungkook shrugged. "Nuh-uh, you're telling me why you just said that." Taehyung ordered. The redhead shook his head as he looked down. "I'm gonna count to three-"

"I'm not a baby!" Jungkook yelled and he sighed. "There's just some people on school who keep saying I look dumb because I'm asian and they keep asking me if I can even see and stuff."

Taehyung's look softened. "Baby, are you ashamed of being asian?" He asked and Jungkook shrugged. "You do realize that I am as well, right? And so are Jimin and Yoongi."

Jungkook nodded while still looking down. "Yeah but you guys are perfect." He said. Taehyung frowned and was about to complain but the younger stopped him. "I'm different, Tae. I don't know if you've noticed but i've been wearing make-up lately. My skin is failing me just like the rest of my body."

The older boy was very confused about why Jungkook suddenly became so insecure. "Kookie, why are you talking so low of yourself? You're perfect. If other people say that you're not, remember that you are to me." He said and he patted his lap. "C'mon pretty boy, sit on my lap."

Jungkook softly smiled as he walked over to his boyfriend and straddled his lap, chests touching. He wrapped his arms around the older's neck and laid his head in the crook of his neck. "You're really amazing."

Taehyung smiled and gave Jungkook a quick eyebrow raise. "I know but thanks for telling me." He said, making the other boy scoff. "What?"

"You're lucky you have something to compromise your huge ego." He said and Taehyung gave him a smug look. "Your big heart-"

"Dick-"

"No."

"Oh."

Jungkook pulled his head away from Taehyung's neck and narrowed his eyes at him. "Why aren't you normal?" He asked and Taehyung shrugged. "Well you better don't change 'cause I fucking love it."

Taehyung's eyes widened. "Love?" He asked, slightly panicking.

Jungkook noticed and giggled. "I love your personality." He said and Taehyung's mouth formed into an 'o' shape. "You shouldn't be so scared of love Tae, just let it happen."

The blue boy scoffed. "I-I'm not scared of love. I mean, I love your- uhm... I love your work shirt." He said, trying to sound casual but just failing horribly. "Yeah, no. I'm fiiiine with love. Really, F-I-N-E."

Jungkook frowned as he looked his boyfriend into his eyes. "You've never actually loved someone, have you?" He asked and Taehyung looked down. "Oh my god, what about your parents? Don't you have any siblings?"

Taehyung shook his head. "My parents weren't really good people... they're dead now too so yeah."

Jungkook raised both his eyebrows. "How come you've never talked to me about this?" He asked.

The blue boy shrugged. "It's not that important." He said casually before grinning. "Kisses are though."

The younger boy rolled his eyes but still connected their lips for a soft, loving kiss. He planned for a small kiss but his plan got ruined when Taehyung pulled the both of them down on the bed. The redhead giggled and opened his eyes to see his boyfriend staring at him. "Has anyone ever told you that you're cute."

Taehyung laughed. "Yes. You have, a lot of times." He said.

Jungkook's eyes sparkled as he admired the boy's face. "Not enough times." He said. Then his smile weakened a little and he put on a more serious expression. "You may not be able to say it back yet and you totally don't have to but fuck, Taehyung. I love you with all of my heart."

Taehyung smiled softly. "I know." He said before leaning back down and softly pecking the other's lips and nose. "Let's go to bed, we had a long day.".

Jungkook knew that Taehyung wasn't ready to say it back. He respected it, really.

But why did he feel so disappointed then?