16. Phone call

Oh and how he waited. He waited on the day they would finally come to get him.

But a week passed by and nothing. Jungkook missed Taehyung more everyday and he started getting more and more depressed.

He was now at the point where he stopped eating and didn't want to get out of the house. Yoongi and Jimin were worried but they just weren't able to do anything other than reassure the boy it would be fine.

Jungkook knew they were lying but at least they tried.

That was all before...

*BZzZZZZZ phone BzZZZZ*

Jungkook looked at the number on Taehyung's phone screen and didn't recognize it. He picked up. "Hello?" He asked.

He heard a soft gasp from the other side of the line. "Baby!" The deep voice of Kim Taehyung rang...

-

The past week had been exhausting for Taehyung. If it wasn't the heat, it was how fucking empty he felt without his Jungkook around.

Areum, which he found out was the girl's name, had let him stay in her house and taken care of him. Little did he know that the girl had a secret. A big one.

It wasn't a secret that directly involved Taehyung yet if she'd share it, he would be the happiest about it.

Our girl Areum works for her government. All this time she had been able to contact the past and she didn't say a word to Taehyung.

At least not until one night when Taehyung had the biggest mental breakdown.

It started when he woke up in the middle of the night, screaming Jungkook's name. That alone made Areum realize she shouldn't be keeping the secret. It wasn't her place to seperate the blue boy from the one he loves, not even her intense hate for Jungkook could do that.

She had woken up from the screaming and rushed to the guest room in which Taehyung had been staying. When she asked him if he was alright he had mumbled a soft "fine" before bursting into tears.

So, Areum told him she "maybe had a way for Taehyung to communicate with Jungkook". She of course didn't tell him she had known that from the start but only because she didn't want him to be mad at the only person he thought he could trust.

Taehyung broke into the biggest smile when Areum told him that. "Well what the fuck are we waiting for then?! Let's go!"

--

"Tae?" Jungkook replied in a small voice. "How did you? What the hell?"

Taehyung grinned widely. "It's me! Hi baby, I'm all fine! Are you alright? How have you been eating? Oh, your sister is great, by the way. Exactly like you!"

"My sister?" Jungkook asked. "She's letting you stay with her? Really?"

"Why... is that so surprising?" Taehyung asked, frowning.

Jungkook shrugged and then realized Taehyung couldn't see him and got sad again. "It's just... she kinda hates me so I didn't expect her to do me a favor."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. "Hates you? Why-"

"I'll explain some other time, baby. Let's use now to just talk about fun things." Jungkook interrupted him and they both smiled.

"Alright, how's life be-"

"Taehyung-ah, we can't stay here for too long." Areum interrupted. Taehyung pouted but nodded understandingly.

"What's up? What was that?" Jungkook asked from the other side of the line.

"I don't have long, I'm leaving soon." Taehyung said sadly.

Jungkook's bottom lip started quivering. "But it's only been a few minutes." He whispered, his voice cracking. Taehyung could hear he was on the verge of tears.

"Baby, I'm sorry." He said.

Jungkook shook his head, then realized again that the other couldn't see him. "Don't, it's not your fault." He said and then sniffed. "What the fuck why am I crying."

Taehyung giggled, tearing up as well. "Look, we'll figure this out. Alright?" He said.

Jungkook sniffled. "Will we ever meet again?" He asked, trying to calm himself down.

Taehyung felt his heart ace at that question, mostly because he didn't know. "I'll try, baby."

Then the connection broke.

Jungkook started crying again.

Taehyung cried as well.

Damn, what a mess they were in.