23. Hit me

"Why were you even that close to my school?" Jungkook asked as he and Hoseok walked across the sidewalk. "You don't study there, right?"

Hoseok smiled. "I don't. I was looking for you, actually." He said and Jungkook stopped walking.

"Looking for me?" He asked and Hoseok nodded. "Why would you-"

"Well, I wanted to meet the 'founder' of the cure for cancer." Hoseok said and Jungkook frowned. "All the U.C.G people in this timeline are angry with you, Jungkook. You can't just claim that this medicine is yours and walk away with the fame."

Jungkook wanted to say something to that but had no idea what. Hoseok was right... right? It was wrong of him. But on the other hand, this is how it went in this timeline. The founder wasn't going to be born for surely a 100 years and maybe even never. Who knew?

"Just... think about it." Hoseok said and he looked at the house they were standing next to. "Well, this is my place." He said. "I assume you want to go home."

Jungkook slowly nodded. "Thanks for the help, again." He said and he started walking away.

"Just think, Jungkook!" Hoseok yelled before he went into his house.

Jungkook sighed. Was he a bad person? No, right?

That talk gave the poor boy a pretty shitty feeling. He thought about things that could cheer him up... a walk, maybe? Instead of going straight home.

So, he started walking. He walked for about thirty minutes before he realized he was approaching a very familiar place.

The park he met Taehyung.

He smiled softly as he started his walk into the park.

He started softly singing a song when he saw no one around.

"I've been roaming around, always looking down at all I see~" He started and then he looked around to make sure there was really no one. "Painted faces, fill the places I can't reach~"

He closed his eyes but kept walking. "You know that I could use somebody~" he smiled as he hit the high note. "You know that I could-"

He suddenly heard someone clear their throat and he quickly stopped singing. "I didn't know you could sing." A deep, comforting and way too familiar voice said. "Not like I'm surprised, golden boy."

Jungkook quickly turned around and he saw something he couldn't believe was true. His eyes widened. "Oh my god..." he whispered as he looked into the beautiful eyes of Kim Taehyung. "Hit me."

The blue boy smiled. "I didn't know you were into that." He said and he walked closer. "But ohh, well."

He slapped the boy in front of him who immediately grabbed a hold of his own cheek. "Ouch, why did you do that?!" He questioned but then he clasped his hands over his mouth. "You're back!"

Taehyung smiled widely as he opened his arms. "I'm back baby," he said and Jungkook stood there, gaping like an idiot. "C'mere! Come to Taetae."

Jungkook didn't walk into Taehyung's arms like the boy requested him to do. Instead, he started crying. "H-How are you here? I thought you were gone forever!" He yelled.

Taehyung's arms fell down to his sides. "You're not happy to see me?" He asked confused and sad. "If you need some time I could go to my apartment and leave you alone for a bit."

Jungkook chuckled through his tears. "Of course not dummy, I just can't believe that you're actually standing in front of me." He said and he finally walked to Taehyung and put his head on his shoulder. "Hug me now."

Taehyung smiled widely as he wrapped his arms around Jungkook. "I had to tell you hi from Seokjin." He said softly into his ear.

Jungkook gasped and immediately pulled out of the hug which made Taehyung whine. "You met him?!" Jungkook yelled, questioning. "How is he?" He asked.

The other boy pouted. "I just wanna hug..." He softly said. Jungkook chuckled and wrapped his arms around the older boy. "Yesss."

Jungkook shoved his head into Taehyung's neck, taking in his scent. "I missed you." He said.

The blue boy felt the warm feeling of Jungkook's skin against his, finally, after being separated from the boy for almost a whole month. It felt comforting to Taehyung to feel that heat and it made him think back to when they met and how obvious it was that Jungkook was different.

He didn't understand how he had believed the little lie Jungkook kept telling him. It was not like it was logical at all but oh well... he fell for it.

Taehyung grinned as he sneaked his arms out of the grip he had on Jungkook and grabbed the back of the boy's neck to kiss him deeply.

The boy yelped but melted in soon after their lips touched. He smiled softly as he steadied his own hands on the other's waist.

The two males just stood there for a while, kissing in the middle of the walking path in a park. It wasn't heated or anything, just sweet lip-to-lip contact with soft squeezes on each other's skin from time to time.

That was all they needed for that moment being.