29. A Birthday to Remember

Chapter 29: A Birthday to Remember

*~~Alice's POV~~*

When I woke up, the bed was cold. Weird, it's usually warm because Chase is wrapped around me.

Yawning, I realized that Chase wasn't here in bed with me.

Definitely weird.

I stretched my sore limbs, cursing Chase and his libido. Although a small part of me loves it. A smile touched my face remembering the night before. What started out as sweet and gentle, quickly moved to passionate and intense...very intense.

After five minutes of staring into the open air, I trudged to the bathroom, giving myself a belly rub.

I couldn't help but grin when I read the note stuck to the bathroom door: Happy birthday my beloved Alice. I hope you slept well, Darling Chainz. :) Speaking of work, don't come today. The doors are locked, I know you have a key, that's why I stole your key. :P No one else is going to let you in, we all planned this. Knowing you, you'll be bored out of your mind since you don't have any classes today. Well you're going to be spending the day with Jared and Abigail. They'll pick you up around 11 or so. My deepest apologies babe that I won't be able to spend the day with you. I got caught up in something, but I promise to spend the night with you. I hope you enjoy your day and happy birthday once again. -XOXO Chase

I bit my lip as I read where I'd be spending a Chase-less day. But I laughed at Chase's XOXO. How cute.

I took the long note off my bathroom door and kept it safe in my nightstand drawer.

With a sigh, I stepped into the bathroom. I can have fun without Chase...right?

~

I stepped out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and good about myself. A nice, long bath does that to a girl.

I froze when I heard rustling in the house. I only had a towel wrapped around my hair and body. I peeked my head out of my door frame to see Abigail and Jared. It seems that they were fighting for the tv remote.

Abigail met my eyes and instantly let go, "Hiya birthday gal!"

She was coming my way to give me a great hug when Jared stopped her, "Abigail! Alice just came out of the bathroom. Let her get dressed." Turning to me, he smiled, "Happy birthday, Alice. Why don't you go get dressed?"

I smiled a thank you to him and locked my bedroom door. Although I don't wear lingerie that much at home, I wore my favorite lacey lingerie today. I felt giddy wearing them, I just love lace. Heh, I even wore my favorite lacey, blood red dress. Well, it wasn't all lace. The dress was blood red satin with a sweetheart neckline and it reached mid thigh. The skirt of the dress flared out a bit and it was flowy...ish. It's just the sleeves were black lace. Rolling up my lace stockings, I smiled, loving my outfit.