1

It was a start of a new day in Brooklyn New York where a teen wearing a white tshirt black jeans with flats tying her red apron before flipping the closed sign to open. She took a spray bottle and rag to wipe down the counter and the tables when two men came in. "Morning Mario. Luigi." Sais the woman looking at them for a second. "Morning Gabi." Said Luigi. "Aye. Frankie. Clogged up drain again in the kitchen." Said a young man with a shaved head. "On it Johnny." Said Gabi grabbing some rubber gloves behind the container near the register. She went in through the doors going to the huge sink filled with dirty soapy water. "All the dishes are cleared out." Said Johnny signing some papers on the clipboard. Gabi put her hand moving it around until she felt the drain. She cant feel anything and went through the doors looking at the brothers. "I need a wrench." Said Gabi. Luigi tossed her one from his belt which she caught and grabbed a empty bucket. He and Mario peeked in watching her take out the pipe slowly for the water pour in the bucket. They almost gagged at the smell coming from the pipes. "I found the problem. Theres grease and chicken bones?" Said Gabi trying not to throw up. She went to the trash can banging it while using the brush to get it cleaned out. "Must been there for weeks or longer." Said Mario going to the door and propped it open. Once the pipe was cleaned out Gabi put it back and tightened it good and tested it out. The water flowed nicely into the drain with no trouble and turned the sink off. Gabi pushed the garbage out in the back to empty it and finish up cleaning before customers come in. She lifted the lid up to the brick wall and picked up the garage bag to throw it in before closing it. Johnny walked around the restaurant spraying air freshener as a man with a blue uniform and beard walked in. "What are you doing here?" Said Gabi annoyed seeing him.

"He's here for the new online order." Said Johnny walking by her handing him a paper bag. "How's my favorite plumber girl?" Said the man. "Can it. Spike. I was only filling in if one of my brothers were busy. Now you got your food. There's the door." Said Gabi gesturing him to leave. "Gabrielle Mario." Said a raspy voice from older woman. Gabi followed the woman to the office and sat down seeing a guy four years younger than her on his phone. "I need you to train our waiter Monty." Said the woman. "But Mrs. O'Neal we have enough staff here. Sure Rose left to care for her newborn baby but she'll be back in three weeks." Said Gabi saw her raise a hand up. "Actually we are letting you go. Monty is your replacement." Said Mrs. O'Neal. "What? Why? I have been working here for almost five years." Said Gabi. "We have been getting homeless here asking for the left over food that YOU been giving them before we open and after closing time. Those people aren't allowed around here. This is your last day. You can grab your check at the end of your shift." Said Mrs. O'Neal. Gabi gestured the boy to follow her and saw her brothers leave in a hurry. She spent a half showing Monty around and what he is supposed to do and how to do it correctly. Johnny was in the kitchen making a calzone supreme with garlic bread sticks as his phone played some music on speaker on the window sill. He heard Gabi coming looking down knowing that Mrs. O'Neal talked to her. "Sorry Gabrielle. You didn't do anything wrong we both know that and Rose too." Said Johnny. "Not going to change anything. Besides the food we serve were a day old or two and I don't waste it." Said Gabi. "Say before you leave early. I accidentally baked a dozen cinnamon rolls which is meant for next week. You can take them if you want. I know your mom and cousins enjoy them." Said Johnny as Gabi hugged him.

"You're the best. See ya at your cousin's capture the flag game." Said Gabi. "Heck yeah." Said Johnny as Gabi took the white takeout box. She clocked out and went to her locker to pack her things before getting her last check. Gabi went to the back where the dumpster is and got her bike hidden behind the trash getting on heading home. She held on the take out and her backpack moving along the busy streets dodging the cars by a few blocks until a house came to view. Gabi got off putting her bike on the side of the open garage seeing her Dad working on the car. "Hey Papá. Brought Cinnamon Rolls from Johnny." Said Gabi pecking his cheek. "How's my girl doing?" Said Papá wiping off the grease off his hands with a dirty rag. "Same as always. Just helped with the new guy named Monty." Said Gabi smiling. She went in looking back frowning not wanting to tell her family about her getting fired just yet. Gabi went to her room next to Mario's and put her things down as red haired woman knocked before coming in. "Hey can you help your Mama in the kitchen. I have to pick your cousin from school." Said The red haired woman. "Yeah Aunt Penny." Said Gabi closing the door so she can change. She came down wearing her grey ankle boots and a white tank top while tying her long long into a messy bun. "Gabrielle. Grab two packets of pasta and start boiling them. I'm making Mushroom Pasta." Said Mama. "Okay Mamá." Said Gabi going to the pantry closet. She took started boiling the water and opened up the packets as the Mario Brothers Plumbing commercial came on. "Oh great. Can you believe these two?" Said Papa watching the tv. "what's wrong with it?" Said Gabi. "Your brothers think they can be professional plumbers. I'm glad you got a real job at the restaurant." Said Papa. "Hey. Leave them alone Papa. They love doing that and enjoy it too." Said Gabi. "Don't start turning into a plumber. You already got a good life ahead of you." Said Mama. Gabi looked at her parents and went back to help making dinner for the family.