Chapter Two.

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
the first cut is the deepest

tw: mentions of a rape victim

The smell of fish was what Vienna woke up to that morning, the blonde peeled her eyes open to see Derek standing at their sink with a large fish inside.

"Derek. . . What the hell is that?"

The male spun around, fluffy hair bouncing as he did. "Dinner!" He smiled widely.

Vienna's jaw dropped, eyes furrowed in shock as she repeatedly shook her head.

"What? It's just like fish at a restaurant."

"Absolutely not," Vienna disagreed, going through her clothes and picking out an outfit for the day.

Derek rolled his eyes, "You know, I'm letting you live in my home." He told her, "You could eat the food I make for us."

"Your home shouldn't be a trailer, Derek." Vienna snorted. "We both know you can afford a house."

"I don't know what to do with all this land yet," He brushed his hands through his hair.

The younger woman stood up, "Give it to me."

Derek shook his head with a laugh, placing the fish into a cooler. "You wouldn't even know what to do with all this."

"Very funny," Vienna brushed him off, grabbing one of his hoodies ━━ a black one with BOWDOIN spelled across the front in white letters. "Can I borrow this? Thanks," She pulled it over her head, not even bothering to hear his response.

"That's not even your size." Derek rolled his eyes. (Vienna assumed. He had turned around to allow her to put on her jeans. She was pretty sure she heard the eye roll in his voice). "And that's one of my favorites ━━ "

"Mine too." Vienna smiled, pulling her hair out from inside the hoodie. She pulled a pair of shoes on, opting for sneakers instead of the short pumps she preferred ━━ due to the mud that now surrounded the trailer. The surgical intern grabbed Derek's car keys, spinning them on her finger. "Let's go."