Chapter Five.

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
shake your groove thing + if tomorrow never comes

Bailey's interns were all gathered in the viewing room of an OR

Bailey's interns were all gathered in the viewing room of an OR. Meredith had been allowed to assist Burke with heart surgery, so they were watching. Vienna multitasked between watching the surgery, drinking a soda, and doing a crossword puzzle.

"I wish I could hold a heart," George sighed.

"A monkey could hold a heart," Cristina said.

Izzie entered the gallery, "George, I need more ice and chips," She said to the man.

"Who else did you invite?" He questioned, referring to what was supposed to be a small gathering at Meredith's house that night.

Vienna scoffed, "She so invited the whole damn hospital."

"We said the list was jocks only. Surgery, trauma, and plastics," Cristina reminded her. "Who else did you invite?"

"Just some people from the pediatric floor," she shrugged nonchalantly.

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house?" Cristina groaned.

Vienna looked at her, "Hey, not all people on the pediatric floor are preschoolers. Some are very handsome men."

"Oh, really? Anyone in particular?" Cristina raised her eyebrows. Vienna simply stared at her with narrowed eyes for a few more moments before turning back to her crossword. "Next, you'll say that you invited the shrinks."

"Uh, well ━━ "

"She invited mental defects."

Vienna and Cristina spoke in unison, "This party is DOA."

"You know, Meredith thinks this is going to be a small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing," George told her. "Did you clear this with her?"

"No, but I will. I promise," Izzie said.

"Bullshit."

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town at a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asked.