Chapter One.

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE.
a hard day's night

Vienna breathed out, blonde curtain bangs that needed a trim flying out of her face as she tapped her short manicured fingers against the leather steering wheel of her 2005 Dodge Charger

Vienna breathed out, blonde curtain bangs that needed a trim flying out of her face as she tapped her short manicured fingers against the leather steering wheel of her 2005 Dodge Charger. She stared out of the windshield, looking at the large building in front of her ━━ Seattle Grace Hospital.

The blonde twisted the key in the ignition, the car shutting off as she finally decided to head inside. Entering through large glass doors, her short black pumps clicked against the tile floor of the hospital as she searched for the nearest elevator. Her face contorted in slight pain as she rubbed the back of her neck. As it turns out, one night in an actual bed didn't get rid of the aching feeling of nights on a small sofa.

Derek had gone home with some woman, so she decided to take his bed for the night. After the two left New York six weeks ago, Vienna stayed with her parents for five of those weeks. The last week was spent on Derek's trailer sofa ━━ one of the most uncomfortable things. The two enjoyed spending time together ━━ despite the circumstances. He'd even taken the younger girl fishing at one point.

Not paying attention to where she was going, her head shot up when felt a larger body bump into her, hands grabbing her upper arms to steady her. "Oh! Vienna Clark, as I live and breathe," Seattle Grace's Chief of Surgery ━━ Richard Webber beamed, seeing the younger woman in front of her. "Look at you, all grown up now. Glad to see you back from the Big Apple. How's your mother?"

Her mother had been diagnosed with cancer a long time ago, back when she was in high school. The family of three came to Seattle Grace where she'd had some surgeries, where they'd successfully removed the cancer after she started college.

"She's great, still in remission," Vienna laughed lightly, "All thanks to you guys."

The black male smiled fondly, "Only the best for your family. It's great to see you," He paused. "I was overjoyed when I'd gotten the news that you wanted to complete your surgical residency here."