Chapter Thirteen.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Thanks for the Memories

CHAPTER THIRTEENThanks for the Memories

Thanksgiving was off to a shit start. Luckily for Vienna, she and her parents had already done Thanksgiving a few days earlier, as her dad was taking her mother on a 'Thanksgiving cruise' seeing as her father wanted as much time with her as he could have, due to her illness which could reoccur at any moment. Vienna didn't even know that was a thing people did. Unluckily for her, she had no excuse to not miss Thanksgiving at Meredith's.

That was how she found herself on Meredith's couch with Cristina, the two watching Burke and Bowie talk with Izzie in the kitchen. The almost-couple had been talking with each other at work for a consult when Izzie approached them and asked Bowie if he was joining them for Thanksgiving dinner ━━ Before Vienna even had the chance to think about asking him. In an attempt to avoid the awkwardness, she'd just blurted out that he was coming and that was that. They still haven't even had their talk, and now it seemed that it was most likely going to happen today.

Meredith had already snuck out to the hospital, and George had been stolen by his dad and brothers to go shoot stuff in the forest. Unfortunately for Cristina and Vienna, no one had brought any alcohol or anything of the sort. Despite the fact that it was only 10:30 am, they were both in desperate need of a drink.

"I think he's going to ask me to be his girlfriend." Vienna whispered to her friend.

"Wait, I thought you guys were already dating."

The blonde groaned, "We're not. Just two adults that sleep together."

"Right. Two adults that sleep with only each other and no one else, and go on dates." Cristina rolled her eyes, "Pretty sure that classifies as dating."

Vienna simply stared back at her with narrowed eyes before huffing and folding her arms.

"Well, are you gonna say yes?"

"I don't know," She groaned. "He's nice. He's like too nice. I'm not used to nice."

That was a lie. Sort of. Her last relationship was nice ━━ Of course that was until he decided to cheat on her just after she finished med school.

"Yeah, well, Preston is ━━ "

"Cristina! Vienna!" Izzie called out from the kitchen. "Come in here!"

The two women locked eyes with each other, dreadful looks coating both of their faces before the Asian woman pulled herself off of the couch, dragging Vienna with her.

When they entered the kitchen, Izzie was on the phone, Burke was holding up a smoking pan, and Bowie was standing at the stove with the sleeves of his navy blue knitted sweater rolled up and an apron covering the front of his body. The two women took a seat at the island, staring at the scene in front of them.