CHAPTER 24

"Ikigai" He whispered while lowering himself. "Don't.." She whispered weakly as a last resort to push him away. He stopped midway and whispered back, "I know you want this too." She whimpered, not in denial, but in need to be closer to him. She closed her eyes and met him halfway with her neck stretched and his own bent down towards her. And then their lips collided, which had an impact of universes colliding.

It was not a kiss, it was awakening. Like the fire, discovered for the first time, like a first dream and as though they saw the moon for the first time. She was born again. They both were.

"Why was I born if not for you?" He mumbled between soft kisses. Molding her lips with his own. Living every feel of it, dry and wet. He grunted lightly with pleasure as he slid a hand under her head, to cushion it from the hard ground. "It feels like you were among the stars, I snatched you down for myself." After saying that he went to her neck, nibbling it lightly.

She realised they would not be able to stop at all, if she didn't stop right at that moment. "Tsuda... stop. The time... game." At which he replied, "Just a moment. Let's stay like this." He touched his forehead with her's and took a deep breath. For a few moments they stayed like this, then he huffed and slid away, after giving her a kiss on the forehead. "They're gone. Let's go." He helped her up and took her to the end like he was the one who made the maze.

"I grew up running and playing around here." He told her and she nodded. Her thoughts were pulled back to the past and what might have happened between Arata and him. This made her more determined to win the maze. She hugged the golden box and moved swiftly.

"Go out from here, you did it." He gave her a tap on the nose at which she scowled. He chuckled at her reaction and motion her to go, which she did. Soon she was out of the forest into their backyard. The cheering cousins engulfed her and congratulated her making her panic for a moment.

"Alright quiet down everyone!" Tsuda appeared after a while, in cream casuals. "Now now." He struggled a bit but gained their attention. The event seemed more like for them, than for Tsuda's welcome. They had so much energy.

"So what is in the box?" They all asked Avery and waited for her to open it. When she did, everyone gasped and started whispering. Tsuda took a deep breath and turned around with his hand covering his eyes. What was it? Why was he so tensed up by the jewel?

She stared at the thing in her hands and somehow it felt heavier than it was seconds earlier. Maybe because she knew it was something important now. She looked at the jewel and it took her breath away. It was rare thing, like a hybrid between a Blue Diamond and a Moss Agate. It had deep blue, green, purple and red smoke trapped in it. Like they had captured Aurora from the sky and had encased it in the clear diamond.

"Who was it?" He asked once he turned back to us. His tone made the whole den of beastlings turn quite like the still of the night. "I said who did this?" His roar made her flinch. His eyes turned to her that very instant and softened. That did something to her. And she knew she was done right then and there. He remained kind to her even when he was enraged to that extent.

He huffed and took her by the hand. At which she said, not a single word. "This event is over." He announced and went back inside the mansion. Between his quick strides he asked a maid about his parent's whereabouts and went into the main hall as informed. In there were his parent, having tea among each other's company.

He gently took the box from her hand and placed it near his father's feet. His mother gasped at seeing the box. He took few steps back and sat on his knees. Then leaned into deep prostration and said, "My deepest apologies."

His father took the box, opened it and examined the jewel while Tsuda remained still. She sat down too beside him. "Why are you apologising on their behalf?" At his question, she realized if not all of them, atleast more than one of them was involved in this.