Prologue

~They die without feeling love, such a pity.

"You had me once, and you lost me with no regrets at that time." I was relieved, at the fact that my voice didn't quaver one bit.

His eyes screamed of regret, desperate to hold onto something to make me stay. That was probably the first time, I was able to read his eyes. But years have passed, what can he possibly do? I tried walking away towards the door but stopped with a jolt.

My breath hitched, the moment he held my wrist to stop me, his grip so light as if he was holding something made out of feathers.

He pleaded, while looking down at his feet, "Then... take me Ava, to where sinners go. But please take me yourself. So, I can be with you, just for a second more." His voice turned so soft at the end, just a whisper, for a moment I thought I only imagined him saying that.

That was probably the most I've ever heard him say. But what does it change now? What difference does it make? None.

"Where sinners go... they go alone. No companions for them, unless they are sinners themselves." I said and looked away from him, only realizing that I was unconsciously looking up at him all this time.

A silence fell between us for a few seconds, which felt more like an eternity. Like I've died and woken up again. In heaven or hell, that I couldn't quite make out.

His hand moved up my wrist slowly, his skin barely touching my own. His thumb made a soft line of sensations from the base of my palm to the tip of my ring finger in slow swipe. I jerking my hand free from his grip, which was not hard to do, at all.

"For God's sake, what do you want from me now?" My eyes were as hard as my voice.

"A chance to live,.... for once." He whispered. I'm not sure more to himself or me.

Please don't make me doubt my decisions. It's best to stay away from you. I'm not strong enough to face the loss again, when it comes and I know it will come.

He may not be guilty for the accusations made by the world, but he sure as hell is guilty of his mistreatment of me. He stripped me off my feathers, burnt them in front of my eyes, while all I ever wanted was to fly, in the past... with him. But it does not matter anymore. I've learnt to live alone already.

_________~_________~_________~_________

Note:

Me: after writing only the "prologue" in a language I don't speak normally

Please go easy on me! I'm in your care, readers!

Hey, my very first Sweeties! It's an honour to have you all here!

I'll be very happy if you guys point the mistakes out for me in comments. Thank you and enjoy!!