CHAPTER 11

Third person POV.

"~I see trees of green~" The kitchen was filled with aroma of the tomatoes and cheese. Ava was making pasta for lunch, just as her daughter wanted. She was moving her shoulders and back in waves as though a mermaid in the sea. And Maria was chuckling as she sat on the kitchen counter next to the vegetables. "~red roses too~" Maria sang along with her mother smiling.

"~I see them bloom for me and you~" Maria loved the song and would often ask Ava to sing it for her. "~And I think to myself~" Ava said as she looked at Maria with fake seriousness as she pointed the tong in her hand at her daughter. And she waved and swirled towards her. "~what a wonderful world~" Ava leaned and touched her nose with Maria before kissing her on the cheek. Maria squealed with happiness at that.

"Seeing you like this, does make the world wonderful." The deep voice made Ava flinch as always. "It's ready!" Ava exclaimed, ignoring Salvatore completely and was bringing the dish filled with pasta and meatballs and cheese over to the table. Salvatore stood quietly on a side with a box in his hand. Ava's back stiffened at his presence and he noticed it, he always did. A sad smile spread at his features and he greeted them.

"Welcome home, Doc! Do you like Madagascar and pasta?" Salvatore turned his attention to the child and went to her, smiling. "Love them." She tilted her head as he neared, her cheek was up towards him. He bent down and kissed her there. A slight pec. Salvatore was getting used to all the loving Maria demanded from both of them.

"Oh! Mom had kissed me there just now!" She exclaimed in excitement yet had a sliver of shyness. Which was natural around a handsome man like Salvatore Agosti. "Perfect then." He leaned down yet again and kissed her once more. He stood back up with his eyes glued to Ava. "Can I have lunch with you guys?" It has been few weeks since they started living in Salvatore Agosti's house. And he always made sure to take a break from his busy schedule to be there at home at the times their meals.

He would leave immediately after eating because he was not supposed to be home at all at day time, according to his schedule. But he needed to see Ava to recharge from all that tiredness. And Maria made his heart peaceful. Even in this short time he has been attached to her and she with him. "It's your house, Mr Agosti. You can do as you please." She always seem to have a sour mood around him.

At first she would take her meal away and eat in her room, leaving Maria in his and Aunties care. Even though Agosti was trying his hardest to come all the way home to see her. He was going to work earlier just to have see her at lunch. Maria complaint about her mother not being at the table so Ava eventually returned and started having meals with them. But her mood remain sour. As though she was trying to guard herself from Agosti.

And a man as sly as Salvatore had noticed it since the beginning. "I'm sorry for troubling you." She looked away at Salvatore's soft voice. Quietly she placed 3 plates and put some pasta in them. "Oh I've bought pineapple cake. I've heard someone loves pineapples." He looked at Ava across the table and she averted her gaze.

Salvatore rolled his sleeves up and started eating. "I love your cooking so much that I was thinking it's not so bad that Louise is on leave." He took a bite and closed his eyes at the rich flavours.

"In fact, I wish his vocation would be extended. So I could eat your food some more." Ava was helping Maria and wiping her face and putting some more meatball in her plate. "I remembered you being an extremely silent person." Ava stated in an emotionless voice.

He tilted his head to a side and looked at her with soft eyes. As though asking, seriously? In front of Maria? Ava gritted her teeth in annoyence. He was using Maria to his fill. Though he cares for her too, anyone could tell. After having lunch Aunty served cake for them and took some herself and left for her home, as Ava told her too.