CHAPTER 5

*WARNING: This chapter contains graphic content and violence and mentions of r*pe.

~You can't hate something unless you've loved something with all you have.

Avalyn's POV.

Breath... breath... breath Ava. I tried to control myself but I was helpless. Fear seeping through my every cell. "What do you think? I'm blind? I can't see a f**k like you lusting over me? How shameful you are, just like your father." I heard him whisper in my years. I wanted to die of shame. I'm ashamed of loving someone. Ashamed of existing.

His hand left my neck and he backed away the moment I thought I was about to black out. I slid down the wall sitting with my forehead resting on my knees. Breathing hard, filling my lungs with life. "You wanna know why you're here?" He went back to the table and refilled his glass and took a big gulp again.

"You're here because your dear father sold you to me. Just like he sold you before to his many other friends. All I wanted was to save a slut like you. That maybe you're too young to know what's good for you. But look what I got from this. A forced marriage and a betrayal from a c*nt like you. You got the proof of your father's crimes out of my office, when I almost had him. Almost!" He took another big gulp and turned back to me after putting his glass down.

"I misjudged you. I never regretted saving anyone before. But I do now." I was too shocked and hurt to say anything but I needed to know what he meant. "M..My father?" I choked out barely. He walked towards me and crouched down in front of me with his eyes levelled with mine.

He held out his right hand, palm up. "Touch this hand." His voice was so soft that his shouts were less scary than this. "Go ahead." I touch his palm lightly, with two of fingers. My own hand was trembling violently. "Today, I sew a 5 year old with this hand, there." I gasped when I realized what he was talking about and I pulled my hand away in shock and horror.

"You know how she was raped?" He looked me dead in the eyes and continued. "She was raped using your father's drugs. Do you wanna know what they did to her? And it's not just her. Do you wanna know how many children and people are harmed by your father's drugs?" I cried then, not for myself or my pain, but for her. For those children and for those people.

He held my ring finger with painful force. And pointed at my tattoo. "Is this some sort of code between you two f**kers?" It felt like a knife plunged into my chest and was twisted brutally. I was hurt by his accusation more than my bleeding lip or anything. Only if he knew what the tattoo meant.

He stood uper again and walked to his table. "I never did any..." Before I could explain he cut me off with a shout. "Shut the f**k up." My breathed hitched and I held my chest. I slowly stood up on my feet supporting the wall. "With the blood and screams of all those children, your father rose and made his fortune." He filled his cup yet again but before taking a sip he, roared with all the hatred he could muster.

We heard a commotion outside feets running in out direction. His eyes screaming their hatred for me. "And you! His little princess was fed and clothed and treasured by that money. You f**king b**ch! If you had any humanity left in you. You would kill yourself this instance rather than HELPING HIM!" He shouted at the top of his lungs and without thinking, he swung the bottle in my direction.

The glass scattered near my leg as it hit the wall beside me. A big piece of glass slid through my lower leg and made a deep cut. And I screamed with pain and ran at last because I knew the, that this was never a conversation. I had no saying against any accusations he posed. He believed in them and he was there to push his judgment on me.