Chapter 12

Written 4/12/23

"My Nonnos 80. He doesn't like anyone.", I explain, "He's a grumpy old man. I'm surprised he even came.". "I've known that man for Y/n's entire life. He's always been like that.", Brian added. Hilaria nodded, "I've been on this earth for 32 years and have been around him that entire time. I can confirm.". Sal sighs, putting his arm around me. I shrug, "Guys genuine, he doesn't hold back. If he wants to say something, he'll say it.". "I wonder who's just like that.", Brian said, causing everyone to look at me. "Hey, it's in my blood!", I scoff, "My kids are probably gonna be just like me!". "Yea, like we need more Y/n's running around.", Brian rolled his eyes. "You better have one named after me.", Hilaria points at me. "Me too.", Brian repeats that gesture. "I don't even know when I'll have them. Or if I will. I want them, but I gotta take in Sals account.", I shrug. "Awe, you and Sal are gonna have little kiddos running around!", Hilaria clapped, "Awe, pinkie swear you'll name them after me? Hilaria the second?". "Let's change the subject. I don't wanna think about what has to happen to have kids.", Brian places his head in his hands. "Fine. And, hey, calm down! I don't even know what's gonna happen in the future!", I say, trying to calm Hilaria down. She just giggles in return, "I call being the maid of honor!". I sigh, "If I do get married, fine.". Hilaria looks at Sal, winking, "Someone's gotta propose first.". "Ari!", I toss my head back. "Fine, I'll back off.", she rolls her eyes, "But, how about we share some memories, eh? I brought some photos from Italy. Y/n, go wake Zio up.", Hilaria waved me off. I rolled my eyes, "Fine.".

When I got up, I heard some whispers. Weird.
"Wake up, Nonno. They had me wake you up.", I say, shaking my grandfather awake. I shook him a few times before his eyes shot open. This scared me a bit, "Jeez, Nonno! You scared me.". He just laughed in return, "If that was surprising, you're in for a treat.". "What?", I ask. "Vedrai.", Nonno said, sitting up. I help him up and he's just smiling. Everyone's so weird today. Maybe they're gonna surprise me with a cake or something.

But when I walked in, I saw everyone standing around, Sal standing in the middle. Nonnos just laughing as he walks to the side.

"Y/n.", I hear a voice say, it's Sal, "You've made me the happiest person ever. You've made me smile more times then I could ever imagine. I love you. I can't say it enough.".

I look at everyone and they're all smiling, even Nonno.

"Y/n, it may have only been 6 months, but it feel like an eternity. An eternity full of bliss. Y/n Y/l/n,", Sal takes a deep breath, "will you marry me?".

Everything stops.

Sal just proposed to me. He proposed to me. Me!

"Sal... how could I say no? Of course I'll marry you!", I yell, running over, carful not to knock the ring from Sals hand.

"G-d, I love you so much!", I cry, hugging Sal even tighter, "I can't wait to marry you! I wait to spend the rest of my life with you! I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!". Sal laughs, "I love you too! More than you could ever imagine!".

"Awe, my little Cugina's getting married!", Hilaria runs over and hugs Sal and I both, "I can't wait to have little kiddos running around my house!". "You better have some too!", I laugh. "Fine.", my cousin smiled.

I turn to Nonno, "So you actually like Sal?". "Of course. Why would I let someone I don't like marry my Nipotina? I'm just an amazing actor. It's all apart of a plan. You're brother came up with it!", my grandfather explained. I look at Brian, "All you? You came up with this?". "Yep.", Brian nods, "Sal told me he wanted to propose, so I reached out to Ray. He said he was ok with it since Sal proved multiple times how he loved you. He even talked to Ray. It was a process, but it was all worth it.". "Thank you.", I smile. "Sure. What's a big brother for(Simpsons reference)?", Brian grins.

As I looked at baby photos of me, I couldn't get over how I was gonna get married to Sal. I'm so happy I started to hang out with Brian. I'm so happy I started to hang out with Sal. I love him with my entire heart. I really do. I can't wait. And on my birthday? Everything's just getting better and better and better! And I can't say it enough, I love life.