{8}

When I woke up there was doctors and rescue crew all around me.

"Help..." I tried to yell I was to weak to make anymore sound then I did.

They must have heard me because about a minute later there were at least 30 people all around me.

"We got you honey, just rest you're gonna be okay"
Said a young blonde women she was really pretty she reminded me of Lola.

I closed my eyes, and finally let myself rest. When I woke up I was in the hospital.

"Hey sweet baby" my mother said, tears streaming down her face

"How long has it been?"

"2 1/2 weeks"

I closed my eyes again.

"Honey, they found Lola."

"I know, I held what was left of her before I fell asleep"

My mother started sobbing, I cannot imagine what the past 2 weeks have been like for her.

A doctors came in explained what type of shape I was in.

"Hello Rose I'm doctor Campbell, I'm so happy to see you awake. You are a miracle, I'm not sure how survived the crash, I did the surgery on you. When you came in you had a broken leg, it was a broken in 5 places, a broken back, collar bone, ribs, arm, nose, and you had minor burns, internal bleeding. I put a metal rod in your leg and screws in your back. You will be in a cast for 4 months for your leg, and a arm cast for 8 weeks. You will also have to relearn how to walk, due to your back that also had screws and metal rod in it. I'm not sure how you managed to walk, or even crawl. Like I said it's a miracle you alive, I'm so happy you are. Now the worse news is, you were the only survivor, all 142 people on the plane died"

Before she could say more I cut her off.

"Leave"

My Mother got up and whispered something to the doctor. She and the rest of her team left, I looked out the window and the sky, and cried. My Mother kissed my on the head and then also left.

After a few weeks, I got my arm cast off. I was so happy. I also was famous now too, the only survivor of a horrific plane crash. I had interviews after interviews, I didn't like it very much. I liked feeling invisible if I messed up or said something wrong it really wasn't to much of a deal. If I said said something wrong on T.V I was done. I had death threats. People saying they were going to kill me,
My family, I should kill myself etc.

There were also very kind people, so when I had the hateful messages I just had to remember the kind one. Even if it is hard.

I ended up moving in my parents in Portland while I recovered. My parents also just felt better having me with them and not a plane considering what had happened. Lola's funeral was beautiful, Nathan never got one. He didn't have family, he never fully opened up to me about that. So I found a spot in the forest in my backyard and put flowers down every day and talked to him.

I also went the Haileys funeral, her family thanked me for giving her a better death then everyone else. I hated the funerals I just stopped going to them, I hated my life, I wanted to die. I wanted to be with Nathan and Lola everyday. I knew my mom needed me, so I stayed alive for them.