Chapter 5

Zeb's POV
      After I was done cleaning the outside of the ship, which took up until one in the morning, I went to mine and Ezras room to try and get some sleep. I was walking to my room when I heard of whimper coming from the med bay. I wanted to just keep going and say to myself it was just my imagination, but something kept telling me to check it out. So I finally opened the med bay door and I see Ezra having a sort of fit tossing and turning.
      "No you can't have them, no. No. Nooo!" He said in a hoarse yell. I ran over to him and tried to keep him still so he wouldn't hurt himself. I needed to calm him down. "No don't hurt Zeb please don't hurt my brother. NOOOO!" He yelled in a stronger hoarsed yell this time. I couldn't believe what I just heard. He thought of me as a brother. I looked down at his face which was plagued by the pain of his nightmares. 'I need to stop this,' I thought to myself. I was thinking when I got an idea. I took my hands off his shoulders and I put them around the kid.
      "It's okay Ezra I'm fine everyone's fine," I said while hugging the kid. At this gesture and the words I spoke, I saw and felt him relax more. I was relieved to see he was better now. I stayed for a little bit longer, hugging Ezra while trying to shush him when he started getting a little upset. I got up and put him back in the bed and made sure to cover him back up. I whispered into his ear, "Goodnight little bro." I walked over to the door and I turned, I saw a smile on the kids face which brought one to mine. I left and went to my room where I had a blissful sleep.

Sabine's POV
      I woke up and saw on the holoclock that it was one-thirty in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep but something in my head was telling me that I can't go back to sleep. 'Well I'll have to wake up soon anyway,' I thought to myself as I got out of my bed and started getting my armor on. I walked out to the common room with a few spray paints and my helmet. I thought while I was up I would repaint my masterpiece I painted on the common room wall. I got in there and I saw the beautiful piece I did the year I came onto the ship and became part of the crew. It was a picture of the crew from that time. Kanan, Hera, Chopper, Zeb and me standing in front of a rebel symbol. This is my crew. My family.
      I was about to start but I heard a small almost an inaudible scream. I knew that Kanan and Hera was asleep. Zeb was most likely in bed by now. I thought of who else and my face paled slightly, "Ezra." I was running to the med bay. Half way the screaming stopped. I took out my blaster and set it to stun and waited. I thought it was an intruder that hurt Ezra but soon, about twenty minutes later, the door opened and out walked Zeb with a smile on his face. It looked like he was checking up on Ezra, so I turned my blaster off, left and went back to the common room to repaint the painting.
      After I started the time passed by so quickly. When I was done I stepped back and admired the colors how much brighter they were now. I looked at the holoclock, it was now three in the morning. I decided that since I'm done I'll go check up on the kid even though he's probably alright. I walked through the med bay doors and I saw Ezra laying down with a book opened on his stomach and a pencil in his right hand. I walked over to the bed and I took the pencil and set it on the counter and I went to put the book on the counter when my name caught my eye. 'Does he write stuff about us? And if he does is it good or bad?' I asked myself. I was gonna just put it on the counter with the pencil but my curiosity got the better of me for I picked the book up and read the page.
      I kept having nightmares tonight of the same things I usually do. But tonight I had another one. This one was the worse. It was where Kanan and the rest of the crew said they thought of me as family. Kanan and Hera said I was their son. Sabine and Zeb said I was their liitle brother. And Chopper said I was like his best friend. I was so happy but then before I could tell them I feel the same they were all shot. Dead. I screamed for them to kill me but they said they wanted me to suffer without my family. I wish I would die sometimes though in real life so I would never have to live without them. 'Cause even though they don't think of me as family I think of them as the family I haven't had in a long time.
      I finished and I wanted to cry but couldn't 'cause I fear I would wake up Ezra. I placed the book on the counter. I walked towards the door saying in a whisper, "I love you lil bro." I walked back to the common room and I knew what to do. For the rest of the morning I painted on the one I worked on earlier and when I was finished it was perfect. It was the same except our new family member was in the picture. Ezra was in the picture standing right next to me with his smile that we all love.
*********************************************
Authors Note:
Yeah so I know this was really lengthy but it's important to the story later so sorry bout that.
Thanks for reading and supporting me.