Chapter 1

Ezra's POV
      'Ugh today is gonna be a bad day,' I thought to myself as I woke up with a splitting headache and nausea. I got dressed in the dark room trying to be as quiet as possible so not to wake my sleeping roommate, Zeb. I looked over and I didn't see him, which is very weird, because he usually slept in till around 10 am. I looked over at the holoclock on the desk in our room and it said 12 pm. "WHAT!" I yelled. But it was hoarse small yell. I've never slept in before what is wrong with me. I took a few moments to gather my thoughts and wonder 'maybe I'm sick I mean I have a headache, nausea, my throat hurts, and now I feel a little dizzy.' He was about to climb back into bed and rest but then another thought occured to him,'How will I hide this from the crew? I can't let them find out or Hera will go into her Mother Hen Mode and Kanan will make me skip training, miss supply runs,and the mission he said he was planning. I can't miss this stuff! I guess I'll have to rough it out like I used to do,'
      I went into the fresher in mine and Zeb's room and I jumped back a little 'wow I look terrible' I thought to myself. I washed my face when I was done I looked somewhat like I normally do. Now I just pray that they don't notice me that much. I decided that I should go out now or they might be even more suspicious then they probably are. I walk into the common room and Sabine was the first to notice me.
      "Hey Sleeping Beauty why you up so late?" She asked jokingly.
      I needed to come up with something quick,"oh I was just really tired I didn't get much sleep last night" I lied.
      "Oh well do you want some lunch?" She asked.
      I didn't feel to good at the mention of food, "no thanks I'm not that hungry."
At first I thought she knew something was wrong, but then she simply shrugged and said, "okay I'll put some away for you for later." She stood up to put some of the lunch away for me.
      "Okay thank you well I might go see if Kanan has anything planned today for training." She gave a wave over her shoulder as she was looking at a plain wall tilting her head slightly to the left. 'Probably thinking about putting a mural right there... I don't think Hera will like that,' I thought to myself. I walked out onto the open ramp to find Kanan there with a a scowl, 'oh great now I have to deal with him giving me a lecture on punctuality or something like that.'
      "You're late," he said. With a scowl still on his face.
      I lowered my head slightly, "I know and I'm sorry I didn't hear the alarm on the holoclock go off and I slept in because of it."
      He sighed, "Fine just try to be on time tomorrow. I had a day full of training that I'll save for tomorrow now, so today we're gonna go away from the ship to meditate. Away from distractions."
      "Okay," I simply said. We started walking. Kanan was ahead of me by a couple of feet. I was trying to catch up, but I was feeling off balenced and soon I was blacking out with Kanan's distant voice calling my name as I fell.