~Land of the Living

A/N - ngl, i forgot how to write.......

Nobody ever talks about what it's like to be in a coma. Nobody ever completely realizes just how weird it is. Because you know you are sleeping but at the same time, your dreams are too real. 

Hearing nothing but a quiet beeping coming from beside the bed, Oakley assumes, her eyes flutter, trying to adjust to the light. But before she can get a breath out, she starts coughing violently, alerting the pilots in the room and the doctor. 

"Hey hey, Ms. St. James, I need you to look at me." Turning her head, she sees the doctor. "Okay, take a breath and lay back for me, okay?" Still confused, she does what she's told. Pulling the tube out of her throat, she gags, trying not to puke. 

"You woke up sooner than we thought, which is why we didn't pull you off the ventilator. Okay, there's some people outside who want to see you. But first, I need to ask some questions okay?" 

"Okay, what is your name?" 

"O-Oakley St. James." She tries to clear her throat but it only hurts her more. 

"That's good, do you know where you are?" 

"H-hospital." The doctor nods, checking the one of many machines around her. 

"Good, okay, I'll check in later, and I'll let your friends in." 

Looking around the room, still trying to adjust to the light, Oakley takes a deep breathe as she feels her eyes well up. Looking down at her legs, or leg and a half, is when the tears fall down her cheeks. Pictures flash in her mind of what had happened, Bradley coming back for her, them somehow getting in the air, hangman coming to their rescue but that's it. 

The rest is just blank. 

"Oak." She hears from the corner of the room. Looking up she sees Bradley, Bob, Natasha, Jake, Javy, Mickey, and Rueben standing there. She sees her family standing there.

Bob and Natasha have tears in their eyes. 

Bradley has tears in his eyes from seeing her awake and from the tears on her rosy cheeks. 

"Hi." She croaks out. Bradley takes two steps before scooping her in his arms, careful to avoid the wires she's connected to. "Are you okay?" He asks, taking her in and wiping her tears. 

"I t-think." Bob hands her a cup of water after everyone hugs her. 

"What did I miss?" She tries to crack a smile as her voice improves. 

"Bradley didn't shower for a long time." 

"Rueben. Shut your mouth." 

"Oh darling." Bradley hugs her again. "You have no idea how much I missed you." 

"Baby on Board punched a wall because he missed you." Jake cuts in. 

"Bob?" She turns to him, looking at his hand that is bleeding. 

"Go get that looked at Branch office." She pulls him into another hug as he holds his tears back.