~Fireworks

"Time is your greatest enemy"

Looking around, Oakley sees different reactions. Jake and Javy are smirking, knowing that whatever Mav throws at them they got it in the bag. Mickey and Reuben look confused. Natasha and Bob are paying attention and Bradley can't stop staring at Oakley. 

"Phase one of the mission will be a low level attack with two teams. You'll be flying along these narrow canyon walls to the target. The radar guided surface-to-air missiles defend the area. These SAMs are lethal but they were designed to protect the skies above not the canyon below." Pictures flash in Oakley's mind as the SAMs are shown on the screen. 

"That's because the enemy knows no one is insane enough to try and fly below them." Bradley points out. 

"That's exactly what I am going to train you to do." Oakley widens her eyes, looking at the path on the screen again. "That's not a big canyon." She says but almost questions. 

"On the day, your altitude will be 100 feet, maximum. You exceed this altitude, radar will spot you, you're dead. Your airspeed will be 660 knots minimum. Time to target, 2 and a half minutes."  Now, Oakley is convinced their teacher, heck even the navy has lost their minds. 

"That's because fifth generation fighters wait at a airbase nearby. In a head to head with these planes in your F-18s, you're dead." Everyone starts to sit a little straighter and pay a little better attention. 

"That's why you need to get in, hit your target and be gone before these planes even have a chance of catching you. This makes time your greatest adversary."   

"You will fly a route in your nav system that simulates the canyon. The faster you navigate this canyon, the harder it will be to stay under the radar of these enemy SAMs." 

"But, if our turns are tighter, won't the force of gravity be more intense? Almost multiplying?" Oakley questions. 

"It will compress your lungs, forcing the blood from your brain, impairing your judgement and reaction time. So, today's lesson we are gonna take it easy on you. Max ceiling 300 feet, time to target 3 minutes."

"Good luck." 

We will need more than luck here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coyote, Phoenix and Bob are the first in the air, running the course. Sitting in the classroom waiting by the radio, Oakley is looking over the course in the map she messily drew out. Always the visual learner, she has to see something before she does it. 

"Can I sit?" Bradley asks, breaking her concentration. 

"Um, it's a free country." Bradley takes the seat beside her, looking over her shoulder at the map. "I remember when you would do that for every exercise. It's impressive." He comments, watching as she traces the map with her finger. 

"Yeah, well I'm impressive." 

"Can I ask you something? And when I do can you look at me?" Bradley asks in a pleading voice. 

"What do you want?" Oakley scoffs, looking at Bradley. Playing with his hands, he takes in a deep breath. "Would you like to go somewhere with me tonight?"