~Explain Yourself

After returning to the house, Oakley had asked to be left alone. Jake's slap had resulted in a fist fight, which Oakley won by the way. Jake's cocky attitude has probably cost them the friendship. 

After disappearing into the bathroom to clean her cuts, her pained whimpers are heard throughout the shared house. Bradley, after listening for a few minutes, left his room. 

'knock knock'

"What?" Oakley snaps as she presses hard on her knuckle. "Can I come in?" Bradley's voice startles her, he was not on her list to show up. Opening the door to Bradley, he sees the full extent of what Jake did. 

"Oh love. Can I help?" pointing to the cloth in her hand, she nods. 

"Here, sit." Pulling herself up onto the counter, she groans as her hand hits the cold. "Are you okay?" Bradley asks as he cleans the wounds on her face. Wiping the blood off her forehead, he watches as a tear rolls down Oakley's cheek. 

"I don't know." Oakley sobs. Pulling her into a hug, Bradley lets her cry into his shoulder. Nobody seems to know why Jake has had a sudden mood change and it's not doing anyone any favors. 

'after the events of today, we will be skipping training tomorrow. Everyone is to meet at the Hard Deck at 0900.'

a text from Maverick pulls Oakley from Bradley's shoulder. "The Hard Deck?" Oakley questions. 

"Maybe he is encouraging early morning drinking." Moving to her hands, Bradley works so as not to put pressure on her split knuckles.

"Thank you." 

"For what?"

"For taking care of me."

"Always sweetheart." The old nickname just sliding out of Bradley's mouth startles both of them. 

"Oh no! I forgot you wanted to take me somewhere!" Oakley exclaims. "It's okay, you are hurting, we can do it another day." Bradley offers. 

"No I want to talk today." pushing herself off the counter, she turns to Bradley. "Give me a few minutes to change." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you taking me?" Oakley asks as they drive away from the house. "It's a surprise." 

"I don't like surprises." 

"I know, but don't worry bout it. You will like it." Bradley smiles at the girl in his front seat. "Is there food involved?" 

"You'd really think I'd take you somewhere without food?" 

"I don't know." She laughs. Pulling into a parking lot, he waits until the realization comes to Oakley. Which is taking a long time. "Um?" After watching her stare for a while, Bradley lightly taps her arm. "Do you know where we are?" He asks. 

"I can't believe you remembered." Sitting in front of them was the same café Bradley took Oakley to celebrate her return to flying. 

"Yeah, I could never forget this place." Opening his door and running around his truck, he opens the door for Oakley. 

"Thank you." Lowering herself down, her ribs twinge. "Oof."