~Out of everything

(a small fyi, I don't really know how to write this scene, so i will do my best)

"Hey baby. Still with me?" Rooster asks as he flies. 

"Yeah, I'm h-here." Oakley grunts. 

"Are you able to get us in touch with the boat?"

"I'm working on it. Radio's out. No radar. Everything's dead back here." 

"Ok Uh start flipping switches?"

"There's 300 breakers back here. Anything more specific?"

"That was my dads department." 

"It's okay. I'll figure it out. Roo, tally two, 5 o'clock low!" Looking to his side, Rooster sees the Jets flying below them. 

"Okay, just be cool. If they knew who we were, we'd be dead already."

"Well, here they come. What's the plan?"

"Just put your mask on. Just wave and smile, just wave and smile." The two young pilots wave awkwardly to the jet flying beside them. 

"What's that signal? What's he saying?" Rooster asks, as the pilot hand signals. 

"No idea, I have no idea what he's saying." More hand signals confuse the two. 

"What about that one? Any idea?'

"No, never seen that one either."

"Shoot. His wingman is moving into weapons envelope. All right, listen up babe. When I tell you, you grab those rings above your head. That's the ejection handle."

"Bradley, can we outrun these guys?" Oakley asks timidly. 

"Not their missiles and guns."

"Then i-it's a dogfight." 

"An f-14 against fifth gen? That's really bad odds."

"Bradley, you'd go after ''em if I wasn't here."

"Yeah but you are here. And you are hurt."

"Come on, Roo. Don't think, just do." Echoing Mavericks words, seems to flip the switch in Rooster's mind as he pulls the plane back and fires on the plane. 

"Okay darling, tell me when you see smoke in the air." 

"Smoke in the air. Smoke in the air!" Oakley yells. 

"Hang on." Flipping the aircraft over, he pulls in front of the falling craft and the missiles explode on impact. 

"Yeah babe! Splash one! Splash one!" Oakley celebrates. 

"Here we go again." Rooster huffs as the target lock beeps throughout the craft. 

"Skywalker, flares! Now, Now, Now!" 

"Coming around." He had flipped the aircraft around so he is heading right for him. But the enemy aircraft manvuers his craft in way that sliences the young pilots. 

"This is gonna hurt, my love but we gotta get low. The terrain will confuse his targeting system." Bradley pushes forward and files down back to the valley the dagger squad had flown through. 

"Talk to me. Where is he?" Rooster asks, focusing on not crashing into the side of a mountain. 

"He's still on u-us!" Oakley tells him, her statement laced with pain. 

"And we just took a hit!" Oakley shouts as the craft rocks from side to side. 

"Come Bradley. Do some of that pilot-" 

"Brace yourself!" Bradley cuts her off as he flips the plane to the side to avoid the guns. 

"I got tone. Taking the shot! Shoot, out of missiles. Switching to guns!" 

"You got him, Roo. You can do this!" Taking the shot, the plane bursts into flames and flies into the side of a mountain. 

"Yes! Splash two!" Oakley cheers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are they?" Maverick storms into the bridge. 

"They are right there, but we don't know if they have radio." Cyclone says. 

"Well, send me up. I'll bring them in."

"No. We can't risk the lives of more pilots." 

"What if they get into trouble?"

"They will handle it. You trained them for this." Warlock nods. 

"Yes sir." Maverick turns around and makes his way to the tarmac. 

"Hey hangman." He climbs up his craft to see Jake just sitting there. 

"What's up captain?" 

"The admiral won't allow it but you need to be back up for them. Just be prepared to fly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Brad, I got the radio on." 

"Outstanding. Get us in touch with the boat. How's your leg?" 

"Well, I am not feeling the pain."

"That's not good."

"Probably not, but ya know it's life." Oakleys words come out all slurred as the shock and bloodloss continue taking over. 

"We are almost back to the boat." As he tries to reassure her, the alarm for incoming aircraft starts blaring. 

"Oh my god. He's on our nose." Bradley panics, hitting the guns. 

"We're out of ammo." 

"Skywalker, flares!" He yells, pulling to the side as the missile collides with the flares. 

"That was close. And we are out of flares Rooster." Oakley suddenly has a seriousness to her voice as her pain level goes in and out. which probably is not healthy at all, but hey, there's no doctor up here is there? so why complain?

"This is not good." Bradley says, pulling the aircraft around as bullets hit them again. 

"We took another hit!" 

"We can't take much more of this. We can't outrun this guy." Looking to the skies, Bradley's heart sinks. He tried so hard to live up to his dad, he just thought he'd survive the legacy. "We got to eject." Without hesitation, he pulls up. 

"What?" 

"We need altitude."