~Cobra Maneuver

Arriving back to base every day for the past few days, Oakley and Bradley seem to be doing the perfect job of ignoring each other. Bradley tried to compliment her flying but all he could muster was impressive. Oakley wants to repair the relationship but Bradley made it clear. 

They aren't friends. 

And they both don't know how to fix it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting in the classroom with Natasha and Bob, Oakley is listening to the radio with her fellow pilots as Jake and Bradley are up in the air waiting for Maverick. 

"Say, Rooster. Mind if I ask you a personal question?" Rolling her eyes, you can practically hear his smirk. "Would it matter if I did?" 

"So what's the story with you and Maverick? It seems like he's got you a little rattled." 

"That's none of your business."

"That's what your girlfriend said too." Wow Jake so original. "Pardon?" Bob asks me. "Jake's being Jake." 

"Been here the whole time." Walking to the window to face the planes, the room goes silent waiting for either Bradley or Pete to lose their cool. "You see me now? Come on, let's get it over with." 

"Fight's on!" Bradley yells, sucking in a breath. 

"They are gonna hurt themselves." Oakley sighs, turning to face the other pilots. "What is with these two?" For once Oakley agrees with Jake's comment on Rooster. 

"Not if they kill each other first." Natasha bluntly points out. "Sorry, dark nat there." She looks down. 

"You are probably right." Sitting back down, the young pilots listen as Rooster and Maverick get themselves tangled in a dive, yelling at each other. 

"They are getting dangerously close to the Hard Deck." Bob speaks up.

"You'd like to believe that, wouldn't you?" At this point, Bradley is only adding fuel to the fire, which isn't a good thing with their history. 

"Hard Deck is 5,000 feet fellas. You're running out of room!" 

"They are gonna die." Oakley goes to run a hand through her hair only to remember that it's in a bun. 

Sitting in the silent room with nothing but altitude coming through the radio, Javy looks at Oakley who seems to be staring into the space. Remembering her accident, he makes his way to her and puts his hand on her shoulder. Oakley looks up to see Javy standing and it's providing some comfort from her own accident with the plane screaming altitude before it went black. 

"That's a kill." Maverick derails her train of thought. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not even stopping to see if Jake or even Bradley at this point was alright, Oakley quickly changes and makes her way off base. 

"Hi penny." She greets, taking a seat at the bar. "Hard day?" Penny questions, handing a beer to the tired looking pilot. 

"It was rough." She simply smiles and takes a sip.