~I Ain't Worried

0900 isn't early. But it is when you technically have the day off, it's too stinking early for this. Nobody has been able figure out why Mav has asked everyone to meet at the Hard Deck. 

Makes no sense. 

"How's your face today?" Bob asks as they climb into Oakley's truck with Rooster. 

"Hey wait for me!" Phoenix comes running through the door with her stuff. 

"It's ok, everything is still sore." Oakley shrugs, turning her truck on. Rooster slides in beside Oakley, playing with the radio. 

"Oh good song!" 

The looks that came from Oakley, Natasha, and Bob scarred Bradley to his very soul. 

"Di-did you just say that Midnight Memories by One Direction is a good song?" Oakley stares at him as she tries to process the information. 

"What? I am a man of fine taste." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pulling up to the beach, Jake pulls into the parking lot and parks beside Oakley's truck. Following Bradley out the other side of her truck to avoid him, they make their way to the beach. 

"Glad everyone could make it. Today we are doing something different. It is still considered training just training to be a team." Maverick looks at his young pilots before his eyes land on Oakley, that shiner is front and center. 

"We are going to be playing Dogfight Football. Offense and defense at the same time. Rooster and Seresin are the team captains. Choose your teams and we will get started." Thinking to himself, Bradley immediately knows he is going to pick Oakley.

Watching Bradley talk to Oakley, and they start laughing at something, Jake can't help but feel jealous. What he did is inexcusable but he wishes he could just talk to her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently, playing football on the beach is hard. Sand is not your friend as you are running. 

"Bob! I'm open!" Oakley tries to wave him down to throw the ball to her but as soon as she has the ball, it comes with consequences. Phoenix tackling her is the consequence. 

"Dude!" Oakley laughs, as she brushes the sand off. "What, you know I still like you." Laughing they re join the game when Bradley scores. Looking over to Bradley after he cheered, he did this little victory dance and it caught Oakley's attention for longer than it should. Not realizing she was staring for so long, Javy runs over, waving his hand in front of her face. 

"Hello? earth to oak. You are staring." He laughs as Oakley turns 50 shades of tomato. 

"What?" Running back to the group, Oakley tries to ignore the feeling of i guess you could call it attraction towards Bradley. 

"Oakley! Heads up!" Mickey yells, Oakley grabs the ball and sees her chance to make a run for the touchdown zone. 

Dodging people left and right, Oakley is doing very well. That is until Rueben comes from literally out of nowhere and grabbed her, pulling her down into the sand. 

Rueben picks up the ball and makes his way over to score a touchdown. Turning around to cheer, he notices Oakley hasn't moved. 

"Guys! I think I hurt her." Running over to her, he flips her over on to her back to be met with a giggling Oakley. "Jeez Oak." He groans, as she stands up. 

"I had to man, some sympathy had to be shown." 

Everyone continues to run around, throwing, tackling people, trying to avoid being thrown in the water ever since Phoenix got tossed in. Note to self, don't mess with pilots, we throw you in to oceans. 

"Bob, heads up!" Oakley shouts, throwing the ball to Bob. Running, Bob makes the catch and just stands there in shock of how he caught it. 

"Yes!" Running over to him,  Rooster picks him up onto his shoulders and a Bob chant starts. After celebrating, Oakley drops into the sand beside her stuff, stretching her neck. As she does so, Jake makes his way over to her. 

"What are you doing?" Stepping in front of Jake, Bradley questions why he is walking over to her, because it didn't end so great the last time. Bradley never wants to clean her wounds again, he would do it, but he doesn't want to do it. 

"I need to talk to her." 

"Why?"

"None of your business bird, now get out of my way. I gotta make peace." 

"Fine, but I am staying close by."

"I don't need a babysitter Bradshaw." 

"You better hope I don't need to step in, I will severely injure you."

"Hey, Oakley. Can we talk?" 

"I don't know, last time I got a shiner." Scoffing, Oakley avoids eye contact. 

"Yeah and I've been trying to say I'm sorry. Will you at least hear me out?"

"Not right now, I am not in the mood. I will let you know." Jake sighs in defeat as Oakley walks away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the sun went down, the young pilots moved into the bar and just sat around talking. Keeping her distance from Jake, Oakley put her head on Bradley's shoulder to relax. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"I'm okay." She smiles to reassure Bradley but it doesn't convince him. 

"Do you wanna go home?" turning her cheek using his hand, Bradley looks at her wounds. "Why?" 

"Because we got an early morning and you look tired." Sighing, because she knows he's right, Oakley nods. 

"We are gonna go back to the house." Bradley stands and pulls Oakley up. 

"Good night guys." Oakley hugs Bob as she follows Bradley to the door. Stepping through the doorframe, blush floods both their cheeks as Mickey yells "Keep it PG!" 

"In your dreams fanboy!" They hear Reuben say. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~