XXI. The Morning After, part 2

At the same time, while Naelys and Alisent were amending their friendship, with white lies...the relationship between the two royal brothers was worsening.

Viserys waited in the throne room, fully alone as his guards went to fetch his brother. His anger could barely be contained, for no matter the rumours; his irresponsibility could cot Naelys more than he could ever imagine.

Eventually, the doors opened and two of his King's guards dragged him inside before shoving him to the floor.

The Rogue prince was still recovering from the alcohol and the night before, having barely been given time to get dressed before he was grabbed, punched on the stomach a few times and pulled away from his comfortable room. He groaned faintly and remained laying on his front for a moment, as he could hear the sound of steps.

"Won't you even deny it?" He asked him, looking down at his pathetic form.

Daemon groaned feeling his body sore from the rough treatment while trying to focus his mind. He had to play smart for he suspected the King knew, but he would not sell himself away that easily.

"I need to understand the charge before I can attempt to discredit it. You defiled her." He managed to move his body and now lay on his back, the sleeping getting away and his mind becoming clearer and clearer.

"Still, you say nothing."

Getting tired of this game, Daemon snapped. "Oh, what does it matter, brother? When we were her age, we fucked our way through most of the brothels on the Street of Silk." He said, finding it ridiculous how a woman was stigmatised for the same actions men were praised upon.

"We were young men. She is just a girl." The King said, trying his best to remain civil.

"Naelys is a woman-grown. Better her first experience be with me than some whore."

Viserys suddenly saw red, grabbing his dagger and pointing it at his brother. "You fucking... you have ruined her! What lord will wed her now? In this condition?"

"Who gives a fuck what some lord thinks? You are the dragon. Your word is truth and law."

His brother shook his head, disappointed at him. "I have spent a lifetime defending you. But your heart is even blacker than I thought. I should disinherit her as I already did you and be done with it."

Realizing where this could end, Daemon decided to try something else. "Wed her to me. When I offered up my crown, you said I could have anything. I want Naelys." He said, being fully honest as he stood up, now facing the king. It was not a lie, for he did crave feelings for the Dragon Whisperer. After last night, he was certain that he wouldn't want them to stop what they had and If she could be married to him, then even better. "I will take her as she is, and wed her in the tradition of our house."

To his surprise, Viserys chuckled in amusement at his words. "You are already wed."

Damon rolled his eyes, being reminded of the wife he had, one that he was forced to marry and never truly cared for. "That didn't stop Aegon the conqueror from taking a second wife."

The mood turned serious once again. "You are no conqueror. You are a plague...sent to destroy me."

"Give me Naelys to take to wife and we will return the House of the Dragon to its proper glory...with the blood of the Dragon Whisperers running thick through our descendants as they did back on old Valyria"

"Of course. It's not Naelys you lust for, is it? It's her ability and her power" the King spat, now fully seeing what Daemon truly wanted. For a moment, he truly did think that he cared for her and wanted to marry her but it was now clear what he wanted, instead. "Go back to the Vale, Daemon, to your lawful wife. Strive to restore whatever scrap of honour remains in you...or don't. Matters not to me. As long as you are gone from my sight for good." With the final word, Viserys sheathed his knife and walked away, leaving his brother to stand there and boil in anger.