XX. The Morning After, part 1

The next morning came and the first rays of sunlight entered Daemon's room. On his double bed, the Rogue prince was sleeping on his back, legs spread and his silver hair messily spread on the pillow.

In his arms slept Naelys, her arms placed around his body while his hand was resting on her waist. Both were naked with only a white bed sheet to cover some parts of their bodies while they kept sleeping; exhausted from the night prior.

The warm sun made her smile and she slowly opened her eyes, realizing she was not in her room. The hard chest of Daemon kept rising and falling beneath her and she took a moment to listen to his beating heart.

However, her eyes snapped open quickly once she realised what time of the day it was.

"Shit!" She cursed as she pushed herself off him and looked around for the clothes she wore yesterday.

Her sudden movement had stirred Daemon awake, who let out a groan. He opened his violet eyes halfway and saw Naelys hurrying to get dressed in the boy's peasant clothes she wore yesterday.

"Why the hurry?" He asked in his casual laidback tone, not truly thinking about what was going on or simply not caring enough

"It's morning" she hissed in High Valyrian. "If someone comes and looks for me, they won't find me in my room!"

She felt the need to just smack him with one of his lavish pillows but restrained herself. By the moment she was done, she was about to leave the Secret passage when he grabbed her wrist.

Looking down at him as he lay on his bed, his face peaceful and with a faint smile on his face; she could not help but smile a little bit in return.

"Thank you" she bent over him and gently pecked his lips, earning an ever-so-quiet whine once she pulled away.

Freeing herself, she rushed to enter the secret pathway and let it close behind her. With the beanie and the black clothing, she looked like a normal peasant boy and thankfully, it was quite early; thus only a few servants were roaming the corridors of the Red Keep.

Being as quiet as possible, she used every shadow she could see to hide and it was not long before she entered the secret pathway and found herself in her quarters. With a sigh of relief, she took off the beanie and did not notice that someone else was in the room as well.

"Had an eventful night?" A voice with an accent said, causing her to jump out of her skin.

Focusing on the source, she found Allyria standing by the closed door of the room, a smirk on her dark-painted lips.

With a hand on top of her heart, she could feel it beating rapidly as she took a moment to calm it down. "Allyria, you scared me," she said, looking at her friend and handmaiden.

"My apologies," she said, although based on her little smirk she was not truly meaning it. "I presume you had a pleasant night?"

Naelys felt her cheeks blush faintly at the memories of the night prior and what had taken place. She tried to hide it with her messy white hair and made her way towards the chair to sit down and allow her friend to take care of the nesting mess.

"It was...unique...I won't lie" she said, feeling herself giggling faintly, something she hadn't truly done in so long.

Allyria seemed to be pleased hearing her giggle as she now stood behind the dragon Whisperer and started to brush her tangled hair. "It is visible by how your face glows. Only when it is true love, do we say a woman has that look... and when she is pregnant"

At the idea of carrying a baby, out of wedlock, Naelys paled enough that she almost matched the shade of her hair. She could not carry a baby, not now of all moments for it would be the end of both hers and also Daemon's.