Amity in a trance - Chapter 19

Luz POV

"Eda, you know I hate eating broccoli, right?" I asked sitting on the bar seat of the kitchen. Willow rolled her eyes "What are you, five?" Willow spoke while getting her plate of steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms. "Shut up" I spoke while getting my plate. "You're still a teen, and you're still growing. You need the vegetables anyway kid." Eda sighed and brought her plate upstairs to her room. It was the afternoon and we had already made our plan to save Amity. Sadly, the twins couldn't help us since they were on vacation in another state.

Gus and Hunter went off somewhere in Willow's car to buy gas. The Blight Manor was a while away. "So... are you ready to get your Ames back" Willow playfully bumped my shoulder and I frowned in response. "Are you ready for me to fuck your girlfriend?" I smiled back. "Why are you always aiming it towards Bosch!" Willow cried out while stuffing a piece of steak into her mouth. I simply laughed. Amity would've killed me if I said that in front of her.

A few minutes passed and it was 5:03 in the afternoon. Gus and Hunter hopped out of the car and told us to come on. We planned on being away from the owl house so we ended up leaving a note telling Eda we had to go. Onyx was sad that I left but King would keep him company. When we got in the car it was immediately chaotic. Hunter was in the front seat driving and Willow was in the passenger seat. Boscha and Gus were in the back with me. Hunter was playing daddy issues and everyone started singing it. Amity would've awkwardly laughed at this. Amity...

Amity POV

This shit has been going on for two days straight! My mom and dad arguing all day. Alador has been trying his best... but I don't think he can convince her. At least he tried, right? "Listen here Alador! If you don't agree then you're going to have to leave!" she yelled. "You do realize that this house is in MY name?" he shot back. The same crashing I heard yesterday happened and all of a sudden Odalia was in my room. Furious. Her being furious wasn't a good thing. She quickly locked my door back and father was calling her name to stop. I was terrified. Clutching to my pillow like a child. I didn't want to be hit again... I hated being hit.

Odalia yanked me out of my bed and gripped my wrist while pinching it. It burned. "Amity Blight! How could you try to go under my nose and get your father to... to do this! He has never argued with me and you-" I stopped her with tears running down my face. "Mom! Can you let go of my arm!?" I yelled. "No! You listen to me, Blight!" Odalia yelled and pushed me to the ground. Please... God. She put her leg on my stomach and I could barely breathe. "I'm gonna teach you!" she yelled while leaning down to repeatedly slap me. Isn't this illegal? I awkwardly laughed which made her even more angry.

Alador kicked down the door and dragged Odalia out of my room while she yelled. Alador gave me a sincere look while he closed and locked my door. I was just laying on the floor, trying to catch my breath. This room is so quiet. I feel so isolated. I fucking hate myself. I got up and wiped my tears. I walked to my nightstand and got the whole bottle of melatonin and downed it all. I walked over to my closet and put on a hoodie. It was Luz's hoodie. Thinking about it made me cry again. "What are you doing Amity?" I whispered to myself. I sighed and wiped my nose and eyes onto the sleeve of the green jacket. "Hey Alexa, play I'll die anyway by girl in red, please?" I asked. Alexa immediately started playing it. If I'm gonna do this, it has to be perfect. My favorite jacket and my favorite song. The melatonin was kicking in so I really didn't have awareness of what I was doing, and that's what I wanted. This could work, I was on the third story of the house. I'll just sit here for a bit.

Luz POV

"AND... WERE AT THE-" I quickly covered Gus's mouth. "Dude, shh... we don't want them to hear us? It's like seven at night, they might be asleep" I spoke while hand-chopping his head. Gus nodded and apologized. We were in the back of the house. "So we're going to pick lock the door and sneak in. Luz will go find Amity and we will knock out their maids and distract the parents if they're awake" Boscha spoke. "Then we're gonna call the cops on her mom for the shit she did" Hunter said with determination. "Does everyone know where the third floor is?" Willow asked. "Nah, we'll just follow you" Hunter replied and everyone else nodded. We're gonna get you back Amity.

Hunter lock-picked the door and motioned us to come in. Willow went in first and we were sneaking upstairs. Luckily all the maids were asleep. When we got to the third floor we heard the faint sound of arguing. It sounded like Amity's parents, maybe? I've never met them so I don't know. We hid behind a wall and listened. They were arguing about Amity moving or something, the man with brown hair was trying to convince her to let her stay. "Oh shit, Alador's actually doing something for a change" Willow rolled her eyes and motioned me to Amity's room. The other four ran to Amity's parents which made them hella confused. When I went to Amity's room it was locked but I heard a familiar song. The same song she sang when we were at Hexside. Why was she playing it now? I quickly lock-picked the door and opened it.

Amity POV

I opened my balcony and walked outside. I held my hands onto the rail and felt my hair flow through the wind, it was majestic in a way. I heard the faint sound of music in the background as It shuffled through my favorite songs. This was the best way to go. I untied my hair and climbed onto the rail. I sighed and smiled. "I'm sorry for leaving you. Maybe we can find each other in another life, maybe we could fall in love in that life. We could have a family possibly, adopt children and have Onyx as a pet. We could even adopt a cat and name it Ghost. Or we could be reborn as animated television characters like Azura and Hecate and become witches together." I ranted. What am I even saying? I laughed a bit and continued. "I love you Luz" I smiled and let go of my balance. I knew I was always alone, I'm even going to die alone, it's just sad. In the end, I think the melatonin really got to me, I swear I heard Luz call out my name for a second.

Luz POV

When I did open the door, my whole world shifted upside down. Amity... "AMITY!" I yelled my heart out. I ran to the balcony the fastest I could ever run. If my coaches in middle school saw me they would sign me up for the Olympics. This isn't real. Everything went into slow motion for me. Oh my god, amity! I thought as tears started running down my face. Oh my fucking god.

Author's Note -  ...

>:)