The Top Student - Chapter 4

Luz woke up with slob all over her mouth. She pulled out her phone to check the time. "Eight-thirty... OH SHIT EIGHT THIRTY!" she yelled. Luz ran to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, and combed her hair a bit. Her hair was still a little messy but it was the good-looking messy. She threw on a purple-white striped shirt and a forest green jacket. She also threw on white converse with some jeans. Then of course... her beanie. She then ran out the door and was on her way to school without eating anything.

Luz POV

Shit shit shit! I ran in the halls cursing silently to myself. No way I was late for my first class already. When I got there I opened the door suddenly which made everyone look at me. I just stood there for a few seconds. Why the fuck are these donkeys looking at me. I must've said that out loud because everyone started laughing all of a sudden. "Well... you're interrupting my class, but it's not like anyone was paying attention. Get over here, new student." the teacher smiled and dragged me over into a slight hug. "Class listen up, we have a new student. Introduce yourself" he said which made those who were on their phone look up at me. "Uh... I'm Luz Noceda. If you are smart then you know who my brother is." I said smirking. A student raised their hand "Hunter Noceda?" they asked "Yep that's him, he calls me Lucia but if anyone else calls me that I'll break your fucking-" the teacher cut me off. "Okay thank you, Luz, I had to stop you right there before you said anything threatening." he said smiling. I rolled my eyes. "Hmm...  Luz, you can sit next to our top student. Top student raise your hand." he stated

I looked up and saw a girl with light green hair. She was wearing a hexside crop top and a pink skirt. Woah was that girl smoking hot? "Do you think you can help Luz go over what we were talking about?" he asked the yellow-eyed girl. The girl nodded and continued to text on her phone. Damn, I wish my old school would let us do that. I walked over to the girl with my hands in my pockets and slumped down into my seat. "So pretty girl... what's your name?" I asked leaning my hand on my desk and looking at her with a smirk on my face. She slowly glared at me with daggers in her eyes. "Come on top student. You don't want to tell me your name? That's a part of making friends." I said smiling so hard that my teeth showed. "I don't want to be your friend." she said while looking back at her phone.

I grabbed my heart pretending as if it hurt me. "How could you Hermosa?" I said frowning. She looked at me confused "What does that even mean?" she asked. "I might tell you if you give me your name" I said with a devious look in my eyes. "Fine. I'm Amity... Amity Blight." she said sighing. "Ooooh~ Pretty name for a pretty lady" I said smiling. "So are you going to tell me what it means or?" she asked patiently. "Nah" I said while leaning both my hands behind me. "What?! But you sai-" I cut her off by leaning over to her seat and grabbing her chin. "No no no~ I never said that. You minty-haired devil. I said maybe. You should listen more instead of being so observed on your phone princess." I said smirking at the girl. He slapped my hand off her chin "God you're so annoying" she said while getting back on her phone. "Come on Blight, don't be like that" I said smiling at the girl. "If you weren't so annoying Noceda then maybe I'd be nicer." she said with a smile on her face.

Later on, we got dismissed from class. I was walking around with Amity and making fun of her. She tried to get away from me but no one can escape this hotness. It was finally 5th period and I found out that Gus, Willow, and Hunter were in my class as well as Amity and her other two friends with weird-colored hair.

It was lunchtime. Willow, Hunter, Gus, and I sat at a table together. But for some reason, Amity sat with a girl with pink hair and some other dumb girl. "So how has your guy's day been?" I asked while drinking some weirdly branded apple juice called Apple Blood. "Pretty normal" Willow said. "I got to learn how to make alien legos by scratch!" Gus yelled. "Okay then..." I said squinting my eyes. "My day's been fine, this schools better than our old one that's for sure." Hunter said. "Well... I got to meet a pretty girl, the teachers don't give a shit about class, and the lunch is shit. All that good stuff." I said while finishing up my apple blood while Willow spat out hers.

"WHO?!" she yelled slamming her hand on the table. For a second I swore I saw Amity staring over here. I quickly got up and put my hand over her mouth. "Shh shut the hell up Park." I said sternly and sat back down "Sorry sorry. What pretty girl though? Give me all the details" she questioned. "Basically I saw this girl and walked up to her. I was flirting with her and I'm pretty sure she loves me now, I can't blame her though. Amity... Amity Blight was her name" I said lying under my breath. Willow looked like she's seen a ghost. "Amity?" she asked. "Yeah, green hair... kinda mean to me in a cute way..." I said while throwing a tortilla into my mouth.

"Ohh you mean that one girl in our class? She's kinda annoying, if she wasn't here I would've been the top student" Hunter said pouting. "Do you know her Wills?" I asked confused at the sudden reaction. Willow sighed "Of course, I know her... we used to be childhood best friends until she started thinking she was better than everyone." she said. "Huh. Really? What happened?" I asked. Honestly never expected that. "She told me I wasn't up to her standards and that she was a Blight. I don't get the Blight talk but it annoys me whenever she does it." she said. "Oh really... I never knew." I said concerned. "She's a bully! One time she stole my cookie and threw it in the trash!" Gus yelled. I could see the tears in his eyes. "Listen Luz, I don't know what kind of girls you're into... but Amity isn't what you think she is... She's a bully who thinks she's better than everyone. I don't know if this matters to you but I suggest you don't get too friendly with her." Willow said while patting my back. "Oh." I said in silence.

Our fifth period ended and my last classes were overall decent. The day was fine, my 1st period was science with Amity, my second was with no one in civics class, my 3rd was math with Gus, my 4th was English with Hunter, 6th was with Willow in plant exploration, and 7th was physical education with Amity and Hunter. At the end of the day, I headed to my dorm expecting my roommate to be there. When I unlocked the door I saw a familiar girl sitting on the couch. "Woah my day just got better. Looks like the pretty girl is my roommate ~!" I locked the door and leaned on the wall.

Amity looked up and her face turned red as hell, assuming in anger. "You?! They never told me they let a dog in my dorm?" she said annoyed. "Come on don't be like that Blight. I thought we were just getting along." I said while crashing on the couch next to her. "Get away from me." she said scooting away. "What?! I thought you would want to have a super hot, Hispanic, 5'11 woman next to you. People have weird tastes these days." I said while looking at her. I could tell the girl slightly blushed. Which made me smirk.

Amity POV

This girl was getting on my nerves. I stood up and put my hand on my hips, if she was going to leave me alone she'd need to hear this. "I'm a Blight, we only associate with a select few. Keep annoying me though and I'll have to select fewer." I said smirking. The girl pulled me back on the couch and I was hovering over her as she winked at me. For some reason this girl was hot- No Amity! You're a Blight. You can't say that kind of stuff about a girl. I have to teach this nuisance a lesson. I pushed the girl away.

"Listen here Noceda. I don't want to be 'friends' with you. I never did, and for you to even THINK that I was trying to befriend you is just dumb. I don't even want to be talking with you right now... You're so... SO ANNOYING!" I yelled at the brown-haired girl while pointing my finger at her. I thought maybe if I said that she would get the idea and I'd be happy without her bothering me... but what I felt wasn't happiness.

POV

Luz looked shocked. She never knew that someone could say something so cruel. The Noceda was hurt for sure, but she could never say that of course. "Oh... I see how it is then." Luz got off the couch and walked to her room door. Just as she was about to open the door she looked back at the Blight. "Willow was right about you. Amity you don't care about anyone but yourself." she said as she walked in and shut the door. Amity's eyes widened "Willow? That doesn't matter at least she's out of my hair." Amity said this but it was the opposite of what she was thinking. 'Was that really the right thing to do?' Amity went into her room and hopped into her bed. It took her a while but she finally fell asleep.