A Saturday with a Blight - Chapter 7

Weekends are fun. You get to go do things all day without interruptions, but for Amity it was different. Even though she was still rebellious she had the need to do extra credit work. Amity was still scared and it showed. The Blight industry is a very interesting place that should not be messed with.

Amity POV

I think I woke up around 10 AM but it didn't matter to me. I got up, brushed my teeth, and did my morning routine. If I'm being honest, I never did anything on weekends. It was always staying in my room and doing extra work. It's not that I mind or anything it's just that it gets lonely sometimes. Especially since I know my friends are somewhere out doing fun things while I'm wasting my time here.

I went back into my room and laid on my bed. Now that I think about it I never really realized how pretty this necklace was. Lunar Eclipse huh? Cheesy Noceda... Huh. Luz Noceda, Luz... Her name is pretty. Everything about Luz was pretty... crap what are you thinking Amity.

I leaned my head up to be instantly hit right in the forehead. There I saw the girl I was thinking about smirking. "Luz? What the hell!" I yelled at the taller, Dominican girl. "What you up to Blight~" the girl teased. "I'm not doing anything except being annoyed by you!" I said with annoyance in my voice. "Aw that sounds boring... if I were rich like you I would be spending all my allowance on Willow's weed stock." she said standing up. Willow has a weed stock? "You know you'll get lung cancer right" I said smiling.

"Don't act like you haven't smoked before. I can see it in your eyes Blight" Luz stared into my eyes which made me redden up. "Okay, maybe a little." I said. "So~ Amity since you're off today I was wondering if you'll go with me somewhere." she spoke. "I don't trust you Noceda" I said squinting my eyes. "Come on, It'll be fun Ames" she put her hands in her pockets with a frown on her face. "Fine, I just don't want to hear your mouth the whole time" I sighed.

"Great, now I'll come back in two hours and you better be ready" Luz winked at me and exited the room. Why is she like this? I got up and put on a crop top with a black leather jacket and a black skirt. I ended up brushing my hair a bit because it was still messy. I also put on some eyeliner and light makeup. When I looked in the mirror I was in love with my outfit but maybe my hair needs to be redyed... I guess it's a thought huh?

Luz POV

Two hours passed and I was ready. I ended up putting on a black hoodie that I zipped up and some olive cargo pants with my obvious beanie. "Alright ready." I said walking to Amity's room. I knocked on the door and it was flung open. "LUZ LUZ THERE'S A BUG ON MY FLOOR" Amity ran up to me and clung to my shoulder. I was trying not to laugh. "Amity... that's a brown leaf." I pointed to the leaf and picked it up. "A leaf... I knew that" Amity said and moved her arm from mine. I looked at the girl for a second and I swore my face felt hot. "You look good" I whispered. Amity looked up at me with the same expression that I probably have on my face. "T-Thanks" she said. "Let's go" I grabbed her hand which made her surprised a bit.

We walked out of the dorms and to my car. "Come on Hermosa hurry up" I said. "Can you please just tell me what that means?" Amity asked sighing at me. "Nope!" I teased and hopped in the car. Amity got in the passenger seat. "Where are we going?" she asked. "It's a secret" I said smiling. Amity rolled her eyes. I reached for the radio and put on "I'll Call You Mine" by GIR (girl in red). I then started singing all of the lyrics, I knew every part of this song.

Amity POV

Luz was singing... I can't lie she sounded just like girl in red but better. Eventually, I started singing it with her. "Oh, so Little Miss Perfect knows this one too? Interesting." Luz smirked while driving into a familiar house that had flowers planted all over it. "Shut up Noceda" I replied getting out of the car with her behind me.

Luz POV

Amity and I walked to the door and I knocked. When Amity heard who answered her eyes widened. "What's the password?" Willow said looking me up and down. "Let me in or I'll give Boscha a kiss" I narrowed my eyes and Willow quickly nodded. "Granted!" She said moving out of the way. Amity looked at the floor. "Blight it's fine, Wills said you could come alright?" I gave her a friendly push on the shoulder. "Yeah Luz is right, I know we've had our differences in the past but we're cool now" Willow wrapped her arm around Amity. "Thanks, Willow" she said. Willow nodded.

"Come on upstairs, the others are already in my room" Willow looked at us both. "Cool, I get to bully Hunter!" I smirked grabbing the Blight's hand and dragging her upstairs. When we arrived everyone was already playing games. Mattholomule was winning basically winning all of them.  "Dude you can't be this good at Monopoly?" Hunter frowned at the shorter boy. "Nah, I'm just the best at everything" Matt replied smirking. "Yet you and Gus still aren't a couple." I walked in the room and tapped Matt's shoulders. "Luz? I haven't seen you in like two days!" Gus got up and hugged me which made Boscha gag in response.

No POV

"Awww~ Does Boscha want a hug too?" Luz teased and ran up to the pink-haired girl. Luz tackled the girl with a hug and Boscha blushed being the flustered girl she is. Amity couldn't help but feel a little bit of jealousy. "Since when we're you two so close?" Hunter asked confused. "Ever since Wills started warming up to her I did as well" Luz replied rubbing the girl's hair. "I hate you. You annoying little-" Boscha was interrupted by Luz. "You know you love me don't lie! I mean look at me!" Luz got up and winked. "Who lied to you?" Boscha responded which made Luz clutch her chest in pain.

"Luz stop annoying Boscha" Willow stared at the girl with daggers in her eyes which made Luz's stomach turn. "YES SIR!" Luz replied in a saluting stance. No one noticed Amity until she started cracking up. "You guys are so dumb" Amity responded. "Amity Blight? Shouldn't you be doing like popular people things" Gus responded squinting his eyes. Amity flipped him off which made Gus slightly frown. "Sooo why are you here Amity?" Boscha responded. "Well I would like to say the same thing for you" Amity responded.

"Oh god." Willow said watching the two. "I only came here for Willow" Boscha responded. "SEE I KNEW YOU TWO WERE DATING" Amity yelled. "W-WHAT HOW?!" Boscha slightly yelled. "You just exposed you two Boscha" Luz said laughing. "Welp the cats out of the bag I guess" Willow said shrugging her shoulders. "Boscha is a meanie! Why her!" Gus frowned while Matt patted his back.

Luz POV

We had a fun time exchanging phone numbers and penstagram's. We even got to get Amity's which was hard. Gus and Matt had to go though but everyone else was still here. "Shouldn't you guys just stay over? It's getting late." Willow said while laying in a beanbag chair on her phone. "I mean sure I don't mind. I stay over here a lot anyways." I said on Willow's bed with Boscha laying in between my legs with her phone as well. For some reason, I felt a deadly glare from a certain green-haired devil but I decided not to question it. "I'll stay as well since Lucia is here" Hunter said. "What about you Amity?" Willow stared at the girl. "Huh me? I-I mean sure?" Amity responded.

When I heard that I moved off the bed slowly to not make Boscha mad and I gave Amity a hug. "The Blight is staying!" I said looking up at her. Amity just rolled her eyes. I know Amity was being indifferent but I knew that she was happy she got to stay over. At least she has something else to do besides studying for no reason. Her being happy today made me happy.