The 'real' you - Chapter 6

Luz woke up, it was just like any other day. Except that Amity was in her bed. She yawned a bit and then looked at the pale girl next to her. Amity was beautiful and anyone knew that for a fact. For Luz to be her first real friend at Hexside was like a dream to her. She went on her phone and checked the time.

Luz POV

"8:37 AM... wait? OH SHIT, WE'RE LATE" I yelled. I can't believe I got myself late for the billionth time?! I shook Amity rapidly "Come on Ames we're late" I said still shaking her. "Mmm? Ames?" she said with her head in my pillow. "Yes, you're Ames now come on!" I said smacking her head. Later would I live to regret that decision? Amity shot up and gave me a fucking beatdown. I'm talking about she scratched my damn face up. Did I tell you that her nails are long for no fucking reason?

We ended up finishing our quick morning routine later on. She apologized and I bragged about it our whole way to class. When we got to the door Amity stopped for a moment and sighed. "You good Blight?" I asked worriedly. "Yeah, I'm fine. I've just never been late to class." she said and laughed. "Sorry. I shouldn't have even asked for you to stay up with me. I can tell you're nervous" I said "No it's alright, it was my choice. Come on let's head in Luz." Amity responded. She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the classroom.

No POV

"Excuse me? Are we interrupting anything?" Amity asked as she walked in Luz following her. "Amity! Why were you late to class?! I get Ms. Noceda, but you? I'm very ashamed of you young lady!" the teacher yelled at the two. Amity was done with this. She was done with being 'Little Ms. Perfect' all the time. Today she was not just a Blight but she was Amity Blight. Amity walked up to the teacher and flipped him off. "Be ashamed then bitch" Amity spoke and walked into the back of the classroom to her seat. Luz followed behind her doing finger guns at the teacher who was surprised along with the rest of the class.

The rest of the class was pretty fun for them both, they occasionally talked about random shit such as how Luz came from Connecticut and stuff about Eda. Eventually, they had to say their goodbyes and move on to the rest of their classes. That didn't stop Luz from talking to her. Luz had left a sticky note on one of her pencils that had her number on it! They were texting since third period. Hexside's fourth period rolled around which was three more classes away from getting out of school. Hunter and Luz were sitting next to one another and luckily their teacher was out of class. Luz was mostly focused on her phone so she heard none of her brother's blabbering. She was cheesing over some texts Amity sent her.

Luz-- Ames no way you're talking to me right now? You're a goody-two-shoes remember?

Ames<3-- Shut up you 'Luzer', I can do what I want now

Luz-- Ooooo so the Blight finally starts to take her own path huh?

Ames<3-- I hope you fucking die

Luz-- That's kinda rude Hermosa =( 

Luz-- Oh oh! Our English teacher is taking a dump in the teacher's lounge, want to skip class and pour hot water over his stall? :P

Amity stared at the girl's text and quickly started typing back

Ames<3-- What? No!

Luz-- Awww lame =/, who's the Luzer now huh?

Ames<3-- Well sorry I don't want to get in trouble!

Luz-- How about you meet me in the restroom by the lockers in 5 minutes?

Luz-- Yes? Okay byeeeeeeeee <3

Amity looked at her phone and slapped her head. 'Damn this girl' she thought and raised her hand to go to the bathroom.