A chat between sisters - Chapter 8

It was Saturday. Amity was at Willow's house. Luz was also there. Amity had forgotten they had to share a room so when she saw her face on Luz's chest she turned into a blushing mess. She knew something was up with her so she decided to go to her top supporters. Her siblings.

Luz POV

My eyes opened to the birds chirping. Right, I was still at Willows. I also realized that Amity was gone. Maybe she had to leave? I got up and saw a note laying on the table. 'I had to go meet my siblings. Talk to you later... Luzer' I read and just laughed. She could've just texted me. Nerd.

Amity POV

I was at the Blight residence which I haven't been to in a while. It's not like I was afraid of being there, it's just that I hate rich neighborhoods. I walked to the door and it was quickly opened by one of the maids. "O-Oh hello Viv." I smiled at the maid who smiled back. "Greetings Ms. Blight. Are you here to see your mother?" she asked. "Uh no. Do you know where Emira and Edric are?" I asked. "Yes, of course, they're upstairs." she added allowing me to come inside. Glad my parents were gone somewhere. I went upstairs and knocked on Emira's door.

Emira opened the door and looked a little stunned. "Sis? What's going on? I haven't seen you in a month!" she yelled in surprise. I rubbed my hair and she motioned me to come in. Edric wasn't in her room but it didn't really matter. I jumped down in her bed and sighed. "What's up Mittens?" Emira looked at me concerned. "There's this girl I met at school-" I was interrupted by her instantly screaming in happiness. "A GIRL?! What is she like? What's her name!" Emira rambled but then she stopped for a moment and her eyes widened. "Do you like girls Mittens? More importantly, do you like her?" she stared at me.

"Ugh, I dunno! She's so annoying sometimes and plus she's just a normal girl nothing special." I sighed while covering my face with a pillow. "Are you sure she's just a normal girl? I mean she's on your mind right?" Emira patted my shoulder. "I mean yeah... I don't know how I feel about her. I've only known her for a few weeks but I feel like there's more to it" I replied. "You can tell me anything Amity" Emira replied. "If I did like her... what would Dad think? What would... mom think?" I moved the pillow away and my eyes watered a bit. "M-Mittens don't cry? If you did like a girl then if they didn't support you then you could just leave. I've been dating Vinney for a year and they haven't even noticed at all!" Emira smiled looking at me.

"I know I know... it's just that. They want me to be the next Blight to take over their company. They watch me 24/7 and they make sure I'm always the perfect girl." I sighed. "I don't want to be perfect anymore? I want to be friends with Hunter, Gus, Willow, and Matt... plus I want to find out my feelings for Luz." I ranted. I couldn't bear it anymore, I started crying. Emira quickly hugged me. "You can do all that... and if you do find out your feelings for that Luz girl, I'll keep it a secret. But you have to promise to introduce me and Ed to her" Emira smirked at the last bit. She wiped my tears and rubbed my hair. "Thanks, Em" I said smiling at my older sister. 

Emira stared at me and squinted her eyes. She grabbed a strand of my hair and looked at it with suspicion. "Huh?" I asked in a confused tone. "Don't you want to redye your hair? It's kind of fading a bit" Emira looked at the green and brown strand in her hand. Redye my hair? Do I want to redye my hair? "Can you do it?" I asked Emira. She looked at me and smiled. "Sure! Green right?" she questioned, looking into the drawer of her dresser for green hair dye. Green... my mother always wanted that to be my hair color so I always dyed it that color... "Purple," I whispered, but Emira heard me anyways. "Purple?! I mean if that's what you want" she rubbed her head in a nervous matter. Emira was combing my hair after dying it purple. She turned me to a mirror and my eyes widened. "I think it looks better than green actually" Emira looked at the mirror with me. "I love it" I responded in a whisper. "I'm pretty sure Luz will too~" Emira teased. "Burn in hell." I flipped her off and headed for the door. "Aw, leaving so fast mittens? I'll make sure to tell Ed that you stopped by okay?" Emira smiled and waved. I nodded at her "Love you Em" I said walking into the hall. "Love you too Mittens, make sure to make Luz fall in love with you okay!" she yelled out which I just rolled my eyes at.

Luz POV

It was in the afternoon and I got a message from Amity to meet at Hexside park. I ended up getting there a little late but even though I was late I still couldn't find her. Maybe she wasn't here yet? I sat on a nearby bench and started playing Clash of Clans. Just then I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Hey, Luz..." I heard the mysterious voice. "Yo, Blight-" I turned around and blushed. Yes, I blushed. I had to admit it, Amity was pretty. "Your hair... it's different" I pointed at the Blight's hair and nothing else came out of my mouth. Amity picked up a strand of her hair and nervously laughed. "Haha yeah, mom always wanted it green" she replied. "Well, I like it" I smiled. "T-Thanks or whatever" she spoke. I got up and walked in front of her. "So what did you need Ames?" I stood still. "I wanted to ask you something." Amity stared at me.

"What's up Hermosa" I teased. I dropped my happy expression when I realized she was being serious. "Is something wrong Amity?" I asked confused. "What do you think of me?" she said. What do I think of her? That's an odd question. "I can't really explain it. I guess if I had to say it... maybe you're really cool. It surprised me when I first met you" I said. "Huh? What do you mean" she looked at me confused. "What I'm saying is... I never really met a person like you. I mean yeah you can be mean sometimes but you're also really sweet. I used to be rude to everyone before Hexside and I've only been friends with my family..." I continued and Amity listened carefully. "I always used to hurt others because I thought I was stronger than everyone and that I never needed anyone... but I think that was just a lie because I really need you Amity." I smiled. "I don't know what our relationship is... and I know we're friends... but I feel like there's something else there and I can't describe it. Bestfriends? No... I can't describe it." I ranted on.

All of a sudden I heard a laugh. "Really? Then you're gonna hate me after this" Amity laughed. "Hate you? Why would I-" I couldn't speak... no I didn't get interrupted this time. It's just that when someone's lips are on yours you can't talk at all. Amity Blight just kissed me?! Did it mean anything? Maybe she liked me?! Do I like her? I slowly started to close my eyes and wrapped my arms around her waist. I didn't pull away. I couldn't pull away. Is this what they meant when they said your first kiss was magical? When we both did move away from each other both of our faces were red. Should I tell her that I love her?

Amity POV

Luz and I just kissed. I just kissed a girl?! Oh my god, Amity you idiot! "I love y-!?" Luz was trying to say something but I was too flustered to listen. I pulled her beanie over her face in embarrassment. At that moment the only thing I thought was 'Why did I do that' while using my free hand to barely cover half of my face. My stomach felt weird... was it butterflies? A knot maybe? I can't explain it but it felt weird. I think it's better to keep these feelings and cherish them for a while... Emira was right, I was in love with Luz Noceda.